3. Carnival Sunrise
This particular cruise was a gift from our son, who wanted us to have the "honeymoon" we never had time to go on, to a place like the Bahamas, which I had visited many years ago, but which for my Wife, was a first-time visit. This was our first time sailing with Carnival Cruise Line, but my son chose this line because he has sailed several times with Carnival. I want to say that because my wife and I are seniors, we were not so impressed with the party/family-oriented atmosphere aboard the Sunrise, but now that we have experienced it, we would not repeat it. This cruise, and its "environment", in my opinion, is not so "child-friendly" as it appears, and, admittedly this is an "aside" from our main concern(s), however, when we witnessed a crying, visibly upset and distressed female child about 11 or 12 years of age, who walked by us, and we overheard her telling two (2) security officers that something happened to her on a lower deck. We truly felt sorry for her! In our opinion, this type of experience should not have this kind of negative memory attached to it! Our main concern is one related to the cleanliness of the common eating and drinking areas of the ship, which in our opinion, were not what we expected. The windows were very, very dirty!!! The food was "ok", with some items that stood out from the rest. The shining aspect of the cruise was the on-board entertainment; we particularly enjoyed to Karaoke, and the comedy show! The most glaring negative aspect of this cruise, was the one we had with the "Fun Shops" onboard the ship, which at the time we didn't know was managed by a third-party company, "Starboard Cruise Services, Inc." We are going to file a formal complaint and claim for a $50 charge we unnecessarily were forced to pay because our liquor purchases were not properly packed, according to TSA requirements, for being able to be carried on the plane. Because of this, we suffered embarrassment as well. Additionally, because our liquor purchases were packaged like others travelers (in a box), it may very well be that others may experience the same thing! Again, I will never cruise with Carnival again!

Will Never Cruise Carnival Again!

Carnival Sunrise Cruise Review by SheikEl

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

The food was "ok", with some items that stood out from the rest.

Again, I will never cruise with Carnival again!
SheikEl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunrise price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A
The cabin was clean, but of course, small. The cleaning staff did an excellent job keeping our room clean and nicely decorated with towels shaped like animal figures!

The bed however, was horrible, and left us with sore backs!
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

I do not wish to cast dispersions about Carnival Cruise Lines, because Ive only been aboard one of their cruises/ships, and I would like to believe that if I had been aboard another cruise, on another ship, @ another time, it would have been a very different experience!

I hadnt cruised to the Bahamas in 20 years, and obviously, it was quite different then than it is now. However, the environment for me was quite depressing and anti-climactic, because the vibe of the island(s) and the people; especially the people, were not at all conducive to a good time, because its all a money-grab type of environment, and, as I said before, I would never return again to the Bahamas!

The crew and staff aboard the Carnival Sunrise were in fact top-notch, and I give them 5-stars because they were very nice and attentive, and especially our room attendant, Abdul.
Perhaps I may sail Carnival again!

Just not to the Bahamas!