Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Bedbugmeal

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Owner's Suite with Balcony

They will tell you your insect bites are from the area where you dock, give you cream and pills for any allergic reaction but KNOW THE SIGNS OF BEDBUGS BITES (whelps, small bites in a row). Cruise lines are known for bedbugs in fact. If you value your health don’t travel on this ship. When we got off, another group on the same day. Hardly enough time to rid the ship of an infestation. The theaters, couch in the room and outside furniture also have bedbugs. I had a suite so I paid a LOT of money to be a meal to their insects for 11 days. They even go so far as inspecting the room to tell you there’s nothing there. This will work for a day or 2 but the bugs are in the room full force again after that and you will have the bug bites to prove it.

Do your own bedbug detection and insist they correct the problem because once you’re on the ship you won’t be able to get off for a day or 2 and there’s no sense going to another bedbug-room on the ship.

The food was impeccable as usual with any cruise with many varieties of food for everyone. No matter what type of diet, there was food to fit your appetite.

Getting of the ship went very quickly, minutes in fact and I wound up waiting for my ride for an hour.

This was my 3rd time on this ship and the excursions weren’t attractive since I’d been to most of the ports. I didn’t get off at 2 of the ports as a result and the ship didn’t got to Antigua, St. John as scheduled.

I attended stretch and abs classes. The fitness instructor arrived late, ended the classes early and didn’t demonstrate or do the exercises with the class. What a waste of time this was!

My onboard experience was poor overall after suffering bedbug bites during my time on board as I was scratching and experiencing pain from the adverse reaction to the insect feasting on my body.

Public restrooms were clean as seen by the eye. I didn’t make a habit of using them considering my unfortunate experience with bedbugs, I didn’t want to catch anything else. I went to my room instead for the majority of my time on the ship. I suspect the theater is also riddled with bedbugs too. I felt something crawling on my ankle but couldn’t tell what it was because it was dark.

The staff was very courteous and friendly.my stateroom attendant, waiters, greeters and shop personnel were amazing and set the atmosphere of excitement for the times we were at sea.

Given the amount of money I paid for this (I had a suite), there weren’t a lot of perks. I was told I’d have a bathrobe to use but the only way I got it was to call housekeeping and expected a tip for bringing it. No matter what the cost, a person’s health is at stake due to the unsanitary presence of bedbugs. With the money they’re charging they can surely afford to provide the guests the peace of mind of being insect free on their luxury liner.

Bedbugmeal's Full Rating Summary

Owner's Suite with Balcony

Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

None

San Juan

I’d been to this port before and there wasn’t anything extraordinary to select

St. Maarten

I’d been here before and loved the excursion. I planned to do some shopping only here for a Patel watch but the water taxi stand was closed and I couldn’t get to the jewelry store

Antigua

I’d planned to do an excursion and shopping for a friend in Antigua but we didn’t dock.

St. Lucia

This is when I reported the bedbugs bites, 2 days after I debarked. I didn’t have any bites until this day and informed the nurse but since my room was checked for bedbugs (even though she saw the bites!) her response was they were from when I got off at St. Maarten. When she told me that, I was afraid to get off the ship without bug repellent. I had an awful reaction to the insect bites, they were painful and largely swollen and itchy.

Which was an awful thing for the ship to do since the ship ‘s nurse saw the bug bites and clearly knew what they were caused by bedbugs

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

I enjoyed my time on the island and returned to the ship. This was the only good experience I had on the cruise.

Bedbugmeal