• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Bedbugmeal
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Owner's Suite with Balcony

They will tell you your insect bites are from the area where you dock, give you cream and pills for any allergic reaction but KNOW THE SIGNS OF BEDBUGS BITES (whelps, small bites in a row). Cruise lines are known for bedbugs in fact. If you value your health don’t travel on this ship. When we got off, another group on the same day. Hardly enough time to rid the ship of an infestation. The theaters, couch in the room and outside furniture also have bedbugs. I had a suite so I paid a LOT of money to be a meal to their insects for 11 days. They even go so far as inspecting the room to tell you there’s nothing there. This will work for a day or 2 but the bugs are in the room full force again after that and you will have the bug bites to prove it.

Do your own bedbug detection and insist they correct the problem because once you’re on the ship you won’t be able to get off for a day or 2 and there’s no sense going to another bedbug-room on the ship.

The food was impeccable as usual with any cruise with many varieties of food for everyone. No matter what type of diet, there was food to fit your appetite.

Owner's Suite with Balcony

Port Reviews

Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

None

San Juan

I’d been to this port before and there wasn’t anything extraordinary to select

St. Maarten

I’d been here before and loved the excursion. I planned to do some shopping only here for a Patel watch but the water taxi stand was closed and I couldn’t get to the jewelry store

Antigua

I’d planned to do an excursion and shopping for a friend in Antigua but we didn’t dock.

St. Lucia

This is when I reported the bedbugs bites, 2 days after I debarked. I didn’t have any bites until this day and informed the nurse but since my room was checked for bedbugs (even though she saw the bites!) her response was they were from when I got off at St. Maarten. When she told me that, I was afraid to get off the ship without bug repellent. I had an awful reaction to the insect bites, they were painful and largely swollen and itchy.

Which was an awful thing for the ship to do since the ship ‘s nurse saw the bug bites and clearly knew what they were caused by bedbugs

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

I enjoyed my time on the island and returned to the ship. This was the only good experience I had on the cruise.

13 Helpful Votes