• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Cardiff Fifer
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

We chose this cruise just a few weeks before departure, as for the first time we we we’re going to spend Christmas Day alone. We had sailed on Explorer 2 in September, our very first Marella cruise & loved it. We’ve cruised with P&O, Princess, NCL, but mostly with RCI. I would have no hesitation is suggesting Marella. I have read some of the negative comments on here, but can honestly say we didn’t find any of that. There were a number of children on board but we thought there would have been a lot more. The whole week was fantastic, although the sea day to Madeira was a bit bouncy. The ship, crew, food & entertainment all excellent. Our Christmas Day was the 6 o’clock sitting & the meal was faultless. We’re not huge drinkers so found the basic drinks package sufficient. We’re going to the Caribbean with P&O in March. Had I known what Marella cruises were like when I booked it, I would have booked a very similar cruise with them.

Not the biggest cabin we’ve had. But the balcony was huge. In addition to the two chairs & table we had a sunbed & a hammock. That’s a first.

Port Reviews

Madeira (Funchal)

We walk-in into town twice plus used the open top bus.

Lanzarote