3. Celebrity Edge
Went with my spouse and really enjoyed the new ship. This was out third Celebrity cruise, first on the Edge and probably about 7th or 8th trip on any line. Check-in was a breeze but traffic in the port was probably about fifteen minutes once you turned off the main road. We got stuck behind someone at the guard shack who forgot their license and they had to call over a trooper to verify the details of his identity so that was likely a large part of the delay. The cabin was nice. We had the infinite veranda and loved it, though I could see how if it was hot outside it might not be as comfortable. The hottest it got was about 85 and in the sun, it felt a little like a greenhouse by the window. The pull down shade is tops and eliminates the heat problem, as well of course any view. One problem we had with the room was there was a noisy panel by the window that would creak and pop in the seas. We asked the attendant about it and he was like, "Yeah that's not normal" and someone from engineering came about n hour later but we were already in port and he couldn't locate the noise. A couple days later on the last sea day he came in and was able to drive a screw into the panel between the outside and inside window which stopped the clicking sound so if you have what you think is a noisy cabin don't wait like we did, and ask right away for help addressing it. I gathered we were not the first to get the screw in the window treatment. The nightly entertainment shows were great. The theater is probably the coolest theater I've seen on a ship and the entertainers were top notch singers and dancers. The costuming was at times a little weird to me and the Midsummer night show was just confusing and hard to follow (but mostly about the dancing and performing anyway so still enjoyable).

Wonderful modern ship. Like the infinity veranda concept.

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by daviddallastx

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda

daviddallastx’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Edge price drops

Edge Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
Cabin E2
We had noisy clicking sound that was eventually fixed when engineering (or maybe 'joiner' was the word the cabin steward used) drove a screw in between two panels in the window to make it stop. The cabin looks down on some sort of industrial/commercial space (two floors down - See deck plan level 6). A couple of guys spent a couple hours hosing and using a squeegee here on one of the port days. I gather that 99% of the cabins don't allow straight down views of the ocean, but I kind of missed that vertigo feeling when you look straight down.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins