3. Royal Clipper
This was my third time on this cruise line and I still like it a lot. I like the small ship and the fact that it really sails.The ship never felt crowded, I could always find private space, except in the shade. Shade was in short supply and the no saving seats policy did not seem to be enforced. Staff is excellent, always friendly and polite. I feel that the quality of the food has gone down.They served only salty ritz crackers with cheese and the cheese selection was bland. It seems the 5 pm snacks are also less varied than in previous years. The sandwiches were lots of bread/roll with a very thin piece of meat or cheese. Drinks were reasonably priced, One night there was a steel band playing and they were much much too loud for the small area of the Tropical Bar. it was painful to stay there. Disembarkation was a mess because we were late getting in. They didn't bother making announcements, so we sat there longer than necessary waiting for our passports to be returned.

Still a thrill

Royal Clipper Cruise Review by amteraj

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean

amteraj’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Clippers Royal Clipper price drops

I loved the cabin. it was spacious with a veranda and a mini bar, for which one is charged the going ship rate. I would not get that category of cabin again because of the noise. Since we were right below the main deck we could hear every sail adjustment and every anchor chain as it was being raised or lowered, link by link. Sometimes this happened at 4 am or so. It wasn't just noisy, it seemed to vibrate the whole cabin. I feel we should have been warned about that since we paid extra to be there.
  Royal Clipper Deck Plans

• Kingston
    We took the volcano hike which was a huge mistake, No view at the top due to clouds. Guide was not very helpful, he was usually ahead of the group. By the time he said something he was long gone and we weren't sure what he was talking about. It was much harder than anticipated.Had to climb some rocks and it was super slippery going down.
    View All 3 Kingston Cruise Port Reviews