3. Viking Star
My sister and I had not been on a cruise for quite a few years and had heard about Viking Cruises, so when got a special offer, we decided to go. Everything seems to be planned pretty well, but if we had it to do over, we would have gone a couple days early so we could have visited Rome. Our room steward, Tito, provided very good room service. We always had a clean towel or ice when we needed it, and he was friendly and helpful no matter what we asked. We did think the stateroom was a little small, esp. with 2 beds. I don't like to say this, but we were a little disappointed in the food and service in some dining rooms. We tried to eat at the different ones. I thought there could have been a couple special shows in the theatre but if there was, we missed it. They had great fun music on New Years Eve along with horns and hats to go with it. The shore excursions we went on were good, but several times the walk from the bus to the site and back was long and not always safe. My sister fell and cut her head and had to spend 2 hours in Medical when we got back to the ship, getting stitches and treated for her injury. Embarkation and disembarkation went well. We loved the swimming pool area with the overhead cover and the light still came in. And having lunch there was very relaxing. We also enjoyed the brunch that was served on New Years Day. All in all, the trip was very nice. But the flight from Seattle to Frankfurt and return was so long. Very tiring. I would go again but maybe at a warmer time of year.

Very nice spaces to relax, have a drink, look at the views, cruise Mediterranean

Viking Star Cruise Review by pjtpjt

pjtpjt’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

Kind of small. Very nice beds. Bathroom was great. Love the heated floor. Nice to have a Veranda.