3. Norwegian Breakaway
We chose this cruise due to the reasonable prices. We normally cruise Celebrity, Princess or Royal Caribbean but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with this ship. I was concerned about it feeling too crowded after reading other reviews but the ship has many different areas that make it feel more intimate and private. CABIN- we had a mini-suite as our daughter was staying in the room with us (for 99.00), room was a bit larger than the typical balcony and the bathroom made it worth it. (nice double sink area so two people can get ready at once. DINING- the specialty restaurants were a step up from main dining or buffet. Highly recommend Ocean Blue and Teppanaki. The buffet did not have as many choices as Celebrity, and quality a little less than Celebrity as well. ENTERTAINMENT- we've been on about 10 cruises and the entertainment was the best we'd seen. Great comedians and the Burn show had fantastic dancers. We also enjoyed the talented women in the Six show. Also recommend the mojito tasting and ice bar, delicious drinks and good time. SERVICE- hit or miss. We had some waiters that were great. My husband had a bartender complaining that he only wanted to make easy drinks (bar was crowded), my husband ordered a mojito and the guy apparently was disgruntled. Our cabin steward had to make up the couch for my daughter. She only put a fitted sheet and comforter on top. When we asked her to put on another sheet she told us "we were lucky" that she had one. Some of the employees seemed annoyed that they had to serve you. We wanted to tip the servers, it took forever to get cash from guest services so bring plenty of small bills. All in all a fun cruise.

Enjoyable Cruise

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by cruise1013

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

All in all a fun cruise.
cruise1013’s Full Rating Summary