• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Embarkation and Disembarkation

As Elite members, embarkation was a breeze. We did not obtain our Medallions in advance, because we figured the priority line wouldn’t be too long and we were right. On our last cruise, we did obtain our Medallions in advance and it was a lot of fiddling to get them done, plus we had to remember to pack them. The non-priority lines were much longer, so may be worth considering doing in advance.

Disembarkation was quick and efficient. We shipped our heavy bags direct from the ship to our home airport. We only had a small bag each when disembarking. Lines for US and Canadian citizens were short.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Port Reviews

Port of Spain (Trinidad)

Last year, I went to Maracas Beach, which was very nice but a long drive. None of the other tours interested me and I decided to stay on board after Cherry warned us to only walk around Port Spain in groups because of pick pockets.

Martinique

I did a tour last year and wasn’t too impressed. I would have liked to walk past the market stalls and along the shoreline to the town of Fort-de-France, but wasn’t sure if it was safe to walk alone.

Barbados

Always a lovely island, but I had done an island tour a year ago and the tours offered didn’t interest me. I took the shuttle to the terminal shops, took photos and came back to the ship. We had two medical emergencies at this port.

Antigua

We didn’t disembark here this time. If you walk more than a few hundred yards, the neighborhood is not somewhere a female can safely walk alone. Cherry’s presentation showed the other side of the Island – Englishtown – was really pretty, so maybe I’ll do a tour there next time.

St. Thomas

We docked at Havensight – yeah! Good access to many shops. I just went to the pharmacy in building 5 to pick up a few extras I’d forgotten to pack. Reasonably priced and helpful staff. The view of Charlotte Amalie from the ship is spectacular. We’ve visited this port many times and done the tours, so we don’t mind staying on board.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

We stayed overnight at the Embassy Suites. It's fine. Like the manager's cocktail hour. Toilets in bathrooms are extremely low - more suitable for kids.

2 Helpful Votes