3. Norwegian Breakaway
I know this review is very late, but while searching for a new cruise to take, I was reminded of how disappointed I was with this trip. We chose to try Norwegian for the first time, traveling with several families to Bermuda. I have been on about 10 other cruises, Royal Caribbean, Carnival and Princess but I was totally underwhelmed with this ship--maybe my pre-trip expectations were too high? My first major issue was not being able to make dinner reservations prior to the trip. Since we were multiple families, the website wouldn't let us make a reservation for 12 people, you could only reserve for your party, only after I spent a long time on the phone with NCL was I able to do it, even then, the rep messed it up! First, the good: 1) embarkation was great! We flew through security and while our cabins weren't ready yet , we were sitting on the deck (drink in hand) in about an 1 1/2 hours from arrival 2) our balcony cabin was a decent size, but we never used the balcony-too small, what a waste! Bathroom was large with plenty of shelving 3) shows on board were really good, during our cruise they had Rock of Ages (just as good as the broadway version), a dance show called Burn the Floor, which was excellent and a magician. My teens went to the Cirque De Soleil show, which they said was cool. 4) each night they had a different themed dance party on the upper deck, which was fun but got monotonous. 5) food court/buffet was excellent! Had all the standards every day along with a different theme each day --all were delicious 6) self debarkation was ok Now the bad: 1) ONE pool for 4,000+?!?! Really?!!! Worse part, the entire thing was 8 feet deep so you couldn't even wade. Couldn't even stand by it, it was so crowded! Meanwhile they had "margaritaville" on the other side of the pool; didn't see a soul in there for 7 days--would've been a great spot for another pool. They have an "adults only" area, not good if you're a family! 2) food in the dining room was just OK--I get it, they want you to spend up for the specialty restaurants, but service was slow--forget it you want liquor in the dining room--That takes even longer! 3) Specialty restaurants were just ok--nothing spectacular. I hated the French restaurant, was disappointed with Cagneys but the Italian restaurant was good. 4) improv comedy club sucked! Who likes improv anyway?? Would have preferred a straight comedy club (carnival is great for this). I must say that Buddy Love in the lounge was great but most times it was so crowded in there. 5) NO POLICING of lounge chairs! We were at the pool everyday by 7:30 and literally SAT in our chairs the whole time, it's amazing how people leave their chairs till noon--we moved their towels;) 6) didn't seem like much for the teens, they hung in the teen club, but outdoor movies or something else (besides the game room) would've been fun 7) tightrope--tried multiple times, was always closed or too crowded 8) I felt they were nickel & dining me for everything! The entire trip was a major disappointment! Long story short, I don't think I'll be giving Norwegian another try. I seem to be better suited to smaller ships.

Big let down-didn't love it ;(

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Donny From SI

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC
Decent size, bed was comfy, balcony too small.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins