• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

bugsy049
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside

The cruise was great although the ports left a lot to be desired. I don’t understand why ncl would pick ports such as these. I loved the ship, but the ports were run down and not near anything. I took a bus into one of the towns, as soon as I got off the bus I was told by 3 local policemen it was not safe to walk around the area alone. So why would the ship bring us to such a dangerous place ?? All in all South America has left a bad impression on me. We took an excursion to a rain forest and saw many make-shift homes made out of pieces of trees and cardboard , bananas and 1 sloth. Nothing else. As soon as the sloth was spotted, we headed back towards the ship, and the gift shop. The food in the main dining room and buffet on the ship was 1 step above prison food, unless you bought the dining package. The service was excellent. The entertainment suburb. Lots of onboard activities such trivia and husband and wife not so newlywed game, they were lots of fun. My cabin was great close to everything, and lots of storage. The ships singers and dancers were fabulous. All in all the best part of the cruise , except for the food , was the ship was the ship.

Mid-Ship Inside

Wonderful cabin close to all activities on board

2 Helpful Votes