• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Dragon8
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

As a solo traveller and first time cruiser, I did a lot of research before I chose this cruise. I was impressed that Viking included so much and that it had a good reputation for its crew, destinations, and for its food. The crew were all wonderful especially as I was very sea sick for the first two days. Unlike other times when I have been seasick this took me days to recover. Whether it was the injections I was given I do not know.

So by day 5 I was looking forward to having some good food as well as checking out more of the ship. I was not fully recovered to see Madeira which was the first port of call. Madeira having been substituted for the Azores because of the weather.

Well the food was a real disappointment. Inconsistent quality and cooking was a real letdown. Frozen seafood is just about tasteless when thawed. And my one night out at Manfredi's was spoiled by a racist sexist Trump supporter. Plus the food was lukewarm. I was at a shared table so had no idea that this awful pig of a man would be at my table. His wife and the two other people at the table were lovely but he was the sort of man that if you said something he would take it out on his wife later.

Port Reviews

Hamilton

We didn't even get there and no replacement was offered. Very disappointing.

5 Helpful Votes