• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Traveled with children

I chose NCL Bliss because I cruised with NCL in the past and had a great time. The last cruise I took was earlier this year on the Royal Caribbean. So, I thought I would give NCL another shot. We were going to hold off on one of the most expensive weeks but, figured it could be fun traveling for on New Years, so we sucked up the added cost. WHAT A DISSAPOINTEMENT. A day before we were asked to delay arrival to the port. We were asked to wait to 1 PM to arrive, for no reason. Whatever, wasn't a big deal to me. I was driving in from Boston anyway. When we finally arrive after our 3 hour road trip, get through the craziness of check-in we were ready to start our vacation. Once on ship, we headed straight to the bar and were greeted with a "yeah" from the bartender. If "Welcome Aboard" was too much "What can I get ya?" would've sufficed. I let it go at that point, it was early on the vacation and figured he might be overwhelmed with crowd. NOPE, that is the service we got at throughout the ship. With the exception of The Local. The Local was exceptional. The specialty dinning was also good but, we technically paid extra for the service. Turns out.. the cruise before us got ill, and it effected a good chunk of the staff. Therefore, the staff we were with were most likely overworked which left us with subpar service. Beside the service, beware that if you pay for a beverage package that does not include everything. For instance, if you want coffee from Starbucks, a particular liquor, or EVEN WATER, you won't be covered. That's right, WATER. Once aboard and after I learned water is not included.. I ventured to find 6 bottles or so for my room. I had to travel to multiple bars to ask where to get some. Literally, I went to restaurant after restaurant looking for water. Pathetic. Finally, I was given a order form for water. I ordered 32 bottles of water for a mere $52 dollars. Ugh. (Royal does not do this. Your drink package not only includes WATER but coffee from Starbucks.) Our days at sea was subpar. Actually quite boring... The first day aboard I went straight to book dinning, shows, and onboard excursions (like laser tag, bumper cars, ect…) But, they were all BOOKED, for the ENTIRE week. I could understand not getting the times or days you would like but, nothing..at all...for the entire week?... Ugh. So. that left days at sea quite boring. I mean how many games of bingo (that you pay $40 a card for min). can you play? Other than the shows the little trivia and "game shows" in the atrium became tiresome. Especially since it became overcrowded due to lack of entertainment throughout the ship. Stirrup Cay, looked beautiful from afar. However, once ashore it was an overcrowded disaster. Literally people fist fought for a chair. Talk about cabin fever. There was no seating whatsoever. And if you were hungry...enjoy a burger, or hotdog from a tray that is swarmed with flies, and preceded by dozens of people. Turns out, NCL decided to get an additional bang for their buck and dock an additional ship to the island. Overall, this ship was a major disappointment.

Balcony Stateroom

Small! Wow. Compared to other ships. On other ships I was able to fit a pack and play. This room I could barely fit a foled up stroller. It appears NCL is more concerned with cramming people in than anything else.

3 Helpful Votes