3. Vesteralen
My woman and I had an excellent cruise in summer 2017 with MS Midnatsol to Norway's fjords, so we wanted to make another cruise to see the northern lights in Norway. It was sometimes adventurous and challenging, because the weather was more stormy than in many years before. So the agenda of some days had again to be scheduled. My compliments to our tourist guide and the hotel manager who cooperated very well and proved to be very skilful to convince us that an alteration was reasonable. Big storm force and heavy sea are undeniable arguments. Nevertheless we experienced a fine and unforgettable journey. To see the winter landscape around the Norwegian fjords is a monumental event. We also were well-informed when northern lights appeared. It's a good feeling to make such a cruise with an always reliable and polite staff. I have no criticism concerning the ship, our outside cabin, the dining and the service. The dining was opulent, and we enjoyed to have many choices. We had as much activities as we wanted, for we had the opportunity to listen to interesting presentations. We were fully pleased by the service of the staff, for example dirty bed clothes in the cabin were immediately changed. We like to read books and prefer them for our entertainment. So we often read in the panorama room. When we needed more books we found interesting fiction books in the Trollfjord library room. I only regret that some shore excursions and shore leaves were not possible. I think this is a fine cruise for adults, but not suitable for little children and not for people who want to have a cruise trip with much entertainment.

Fine cruise with unexpected adventures

Vesteralen Cruise Review by Rev. Dr. Michael

Rev. Dr. Michael’s Full Rating Summary
Get Hurtigruten Vesteralen price drops

Our cabin was fully appropriate for us, only the toilet is too narrow for tall passengers.