3. Norwegian Pearl
My husband and I sailed on Norwegian Pearl this past week and had an amazing time. I haven't been on a cruise in 10 years and this was my husband's first cruise. We stayed in an inside cabin and it was exactly what you would expect from such. Our stateroom attendant was nice and our room was kept spotless during out stay. We did find the bed very uncomfortable and the giant gap in the middle bothered us a bit. We didn't realize until the last night that the zipper was broken that was supposed to hold this bed contraption together. The food on the ship was great! I'm a picky eater but everything I did put on my plate was good. My husband really liked the food as well. We didn't go to any of the specialty restaurants but we did go to formal dining at Summer Palace one night. Our server, Janice, that told us she's been with Norwegian for 10 years, was absolutely fantastic! She made the experience even better. We both got the steak and it was the best steak I've ever had. The entertainment was excellent. We thought the dancers and singers in the shows were great and went to all of the comedy shows. The comedian, Alex Ortis, was very funny and we enjoyed the adult show. The ship was kept impressively clean and the crew was very nice. We did not enjoy the spinnaker lounge. It was always crowded and hard to find seating during events and the evening. We liked Bliss much better. We had very rough seas and 50 mph winds but the ship handled it well. We were supposed to go to Key West, Great Stirrup Cay, and Freeport. However, we were notified around 6pm that we would be unable to tender into Great Stirrup Cay the next day due to high winds, and were being rerouted to Nassau. We found this really cool since they could have just given us a day at sea. We had fun everywhere we went but would probably avoid an itinerary with Freeport and Nassau in the future. However, we would love to return to Key West in the future. Overall I would definitely recommend Pearl. I would give it 4 stars.

Beautiful Ship, Loved NCL

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Sunshinecruises

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Inside

Overall I would definitely recommend Pearl. I would give it 4 stars.
Sunshinecruises’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Inside
Cabin IC
Exactly what should be expected from an inside cabin. Our stateroom attendant kept the room very clean but we found our bed very uncomfortable.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Freeport
    We stayed in a straw market and it was cool chatting with the locals. There was a bar that stayed open late just to sing and dance with all of us as we were pulling away. It was a good experience but we didn't feel there was much to do. We got beers, mixed drinks in coconuts and conch critters. All of it was great. The locals were wonderful but I don't think I would want to go back to Freeport.
    View All 1,354 Freeport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Freeport Cruise Port Review
  • Key West
    Key West was our favorite port during our cruise and we look forward to returning.

We used the Duval Loop bus to get to the Hemmingway House. While this is a free service, the bus driver was very rude and we would not use this service in the future.

The Hemmingway House was one of the highlights of our trip. Their collection of historical materials was excellent and you could fell the history dripping off the walls of the house. The cats were an exhibit all of their own. They were friendly and many liked to be pet. They were very well cared for, had plenty of access to food, water and shelter and seemed incredibly happy there. They also had a staff member dedicated to socializing the younger cats. We spent 2 hours here and would definitely go back.

We couldn't find the stops for the Duval Loop bus due to the signs being so small, so we walked about a mile to Key Lime Pie Co. We enjoyed the key lime pie very much but found the service to be poor.

After, we walked to Duval street and stopped at Sloppy Joe's. There we got a pint of beer for $6.50, which we thought to be a decent price. Our waitress was wonderful and the entertainment was pretty good!

All the tourists we met in Key West were very friendly and talkative. We had a wonderful time.
    View All 1,839 Key West Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Key West Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    We went to Nassau, after being rerouted from Great Stirrup Cay. It happened to be a national holiday so many places were closed. This was my second time in Nassau. We took a taxi over to Atlantis and our taxi driver was very friendly and knowledgeable.

Last time I went to Nassau was 10 years ago and they have really cleaned up this place since. However, Atlantis is limited to certain areas which wasn't like that last time I was there. We did enjoy losing $5 on the slots though and thought they had a beautiful casino. I also got some really pretty photos there.

We had fun but would not be interested in returning to Nassau as we didn't find much to do here and twice is more than enough for me.
    View All 5,972 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews