• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

katmachine
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

Quite simply, for the money, river cruising is not worth it - for US. For others it may be, but when you calculate what you are paying daily (approx $1k EUR for our upgraded (VERY SMALL) room), we feel it's definitely not worth it.

I would highly recommend researching everything in detail before doing a cruise. Without writing an essay, examples of disappointment include: - Food was mostly good, but I had a steak I almost couldn't eat as it had sinue all the way through it; Coffee was not nice to me due to long life milk - when we were led to believe that local produce would be purchased and loaded at the different stops along the way; this is not the case, same with Beer, I only had a choice of 1 type of generic branded wheat beer, when I thought I would get to sample many along the way - being in Austria/ Bavaria... VERY DISAPPOINTING. Furthermore, wines etc., are, supplied by the owners / relatives own vineyards

- Room was tiny - and I like cozy rooms... but when you can't even walk past each other at the end of the bed between the wall and bed, it's ridiculous; Bathroom was also a major let down - felt like a cubicle...

Way too small - Carpet needs replacing - Adjoined single beds - Bathroom a tiny cubicle terrible...

6 Helpful Votes