3. MSC Seaside
We cruise often and this was the worse cruise we have ever been on. We purchased a drink package and not once during our cruise did someone offer us a drink without us going to the bar or waving someone down. We had rude things said to us, witnessed rude things said to others, and even witnessed staff making fun of another passenger. The food was mediocre at best. The logistics for disembarkation made no sense and we stood in line for almost 45 minutes to get off the ship. The ship is relatively new and we were excited about the waterpark area for the kids in our party, but there wasn't a SINGLE chair to sit on anywhere on the same deck as the waterpark. Not a SINGLE chair. The buffet was virtually the same every day and half the time one side was closed. Don't waste your money. I still have an unresolved purchase of the digital photo package for which I never received instructions on how to access the photos. I have called MSC and waited on hold for over two hours before I was somehow disconnected. I filled out a contact us form online two weeks ago and haven't received a response. We were provided misinformation regarding one of our excursions that caused great distress for our party online to discover that none of it was true. We witnessed staff telling other passengers that what it says online and how it really is are different things about a package they had purchased. The new MSC private island was open. The line for the buffet on the island was so long that after waiting for 40 minutes, my husband grabbed two "to go" burgers for my daughter and I and then headed back to the ship to eat. We had a cabana with a dedicated waiter that was serving our cabana and only one other cabana and I still had to track him down on more than one occasion to get a drink. The island was not nearly as nice as Half Moon Cay, in fact, the water was cloudy with sand and you couldn't see anything in the water. My father went snorkeling on the reef and didn't see a single fish. Pretty disappointing after spending $50 on snorkeling gear because the snorkeling was supposed to be so great. The zipline was cool but on more than one occasion we walked up the four flights of stairs after purchasing tickets and it being a time the zipline was supposed to be open only to discover it was not. No one had an explanation or could give us a time when it would be reopened. It should be noted that we purchased the fun pass for $100 pre-cruise. It was worth $180 on the cruise. What a deal. Only we only made use of $44 of it. The bowling was completely booked as were some of the other high dollar rides and the three other video games were always in use. Save your money. Our balcony stateroom was a decent size but lacked storage space. This made unpacking difficult. Overall, we would never travel again on an MSC ship. The lack of politeness and service by the staff members was subpar to any service we have ever received on a cruise ship before. MSC has a culture problem with its employees who acted more aggravated by the poor logistics than we were.

The crew hates their jobs and they let you know.

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by Funfamilytimes