3. Norwegian Sun
First let me tell you the best part of this cruise; the price. 5 out of 5 I found a super deal on an inside room. $149 pp for a 5 day cruise is crazy. I did bid on an upgrade but it was not accepted. Entertainment 3 out of 5. The comedian was horrible, just not funny at all. The games were good and they forewarned about potential adult content when present. The Singers/Dancers were very good. The magician was excellent. Room: 5 out of 5 and yes we had an inside room. The layout of this inside room made it better than balcony rooms imo as far as usable space without tripping over each other. Lots of storage options as well. The room steward did a great job. Food: 3 out of 5. The buffets were good and there was certainly plenty of choices. However after having cruised with 2 other cruise lines this one fell short with the dining room options. The service was great and the setting very nice. But it is evident they are pushing people toward their extra fee restaurants. The New York Strip is the same quality as you would get from one of these “steak companies” that sell steaks out of the back of a truck. Not good quality at all. This was the biggest disappointment of the cruise for me. Every other cruise I have taken (5 others), the food has blown me away. This was our first cruise with Norwegian. Staff: 3 out of 5. Our room steward was awesome as was our waiters. I’m not a complainer. I didn’t file a single complaint all week. But on 4 occasions when I asked a question I received a very snippy response. Anybody can have a bad day but this seemed to be commonplace with the Guest services staff. One time I asked for an iron. I couldn’t understand the entire response so I asked the gentleman to repeat what he said. He used a raised voice and said “were sending it” and hung up. Another time was asking a question about declaration forms. They just seemed very stressed and poorly trained. I guess if my job was to listen to people gripe all day it might put me in a bad mood as well. I e just never seen this on the other two cruise lines I have used. The worst part was the public restrooms. 1 out of 5. Our restroom in our cabin was nice and well cleaned. The public restrooms were horrid. From over flowing toilets to no toilet paper to a bathroom with blood all over the toilet and floor. The worst part was after letting staff members know of the condition they were not cleaned quickly (within 30 min).

Good budget cruise

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by jeffr6596

First let me tell you the best part of this cruise; the price. 5 out of 5

jeffr6596’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Inside
Cabin IF
Loved the layout. We had a great room steward. Most storage I have had on any cruise ship including when I have gotten balcony rooms.
Oslo Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins