3. Norwegian Encore
This is a brand new ship and I was very excited. We cruised on the Escape and Getaway and we had great experiences. We spent thousands of dollars on this cruise thinking it was going to be awesome. Right away I realized I made a terrible mistake. The entertainment was not so good. The pool area was crowded all the time and not enough chairs for 4000 people. My daughter end up tanning in our balcony. At night they had parties by the pool area and only one bar open. We had to take the elevator to the 8th deck to get a drink at the Mojito bar and decided not to go back to the party. I don't understand why they would close the second bar by the pool during the parties. Room service is nonexistent. We stayed in a balcony mini suite. The cabin was very nice with a large shower. The bed was very comfortable, but they didn't change our towels for 3 days, so I called room service several time and no one picked up the phone, I continued to call until someone pick up the phone and hung up the phone several times. I think they thought I was going to stop calling, I don't even know how many times I called until finally a lady answered the phone. Our TV broke and the maintenance guy told us that we should get a new TV by 10am the next day. I begged like a little kid for another TV and he got it for us within few minutes. We spent a lot of money on this cruise and expected better service. The shows were okay. We couldn't see any comedian, all the shows were booked from day 1. The buffet food was horrible. The staff at the buffet were not friendly and most of them avoided eye contact. It seems they didn't want to be bother. The 3 specialty restaurants we used were excellent. Los Lobos, Cagneys, and the Italian Restaurant. The food was delicious and all the staff there were very friendly and attentive. For the smokers this ship is not for you. They have a smoking box outside on deck 8 without ventilation, even the smokers in there were suffocating. If you smoke cigars there is a very nice Cigar room. The Atrium was beautiful but they didn't use it like on the other ships. They had kids dancing classes during the day. At night I didn't see anything worth going there to see. The band was a 2 people band. The only night club was crowded and hot. I took many naps during the day since I didn't have anything to do. This cruise ship was overrated and overpriced for us. I enjoyed other cruises with Norwegian, but not this one. I forgot to mention the go karts. For $15 per person you can ride it for 8 minutes and only if you are lucky enough and able to book it. We did and it was fun, but 8min is not enough time to really enjoy it.

We overpaid for this cruise

Norwegian Encore Cruise Review by Chachito1964

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Chachito1964’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Encore price drops

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA
Beautiful, comfortable bed, large bathroom with a large shower.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Coral World Tour
    What a waste of money! We went to this place were they have 1 sea worm in a little pool and some colorful fishes in another little pool. One enclosure with a few birds. The coral observation place was not worth the money or our time. The 2 or 3 local people who work there we very rude. I don't recommend this excursion.
    View All 80 Coral World Tour Reviews