3. Celebrity Equinox
We are a couple who has been cruising since 1984 on various lines but mostly Celebrity. Our first sailing (that my husband didn’t want to try) was a prize I won for a real estate sales contest. We went and were immediately addicted even though weather was rainy and the ship was basic. There is lots of talk on these boards about reduced amenities and lowering of standards and l’ll give my 2 cents here. We found the Equinox beautiful, a good value and would sail on her again in a second (we have sailed Equinox previously). This sailing was my husband and I in a Concierge cabin on the 10th floor and our adult son down the hall as a single in an inside. Embarkation was a breeze with our express pass —there was no need to wait on line and stand at the desk while a picture is taken and cards are printed. Picture is taken a you approach the ship in the terminal by Celebrity personnel. We got onboard at 11:30. We had the Concierge embarkation lunch after grabbing our keycards and dropping our carryons in the cabins (our cabins were ready). It was good and so nice not to have to brave the buffet crowd. Equinox looks wonderful with the blue paint job and the public rooms redone with new carpet, etc. Our cabin had new carpet and drapes & linens and recovered couch, all very pretty. The rest of the room was not redone and the stone counter was cracked/broken on one side. The balcony furniture was minus the footstool and had a little table —. not as comfortable but not a big deal. We put a towel on the table and used it as a footstool. My son liked his cabin with 3 chairs and it was in good shape except one day he had trouble with the a/c not working — it was eventually fixed within a few hours. We had room service breakfasts a few days— prompt with the Concierge expanded menu— good coffee, French toast, fried eggs, corned beef hash, pastry, yogurt, oatmeal (not on the same day lol) and our son loved the buffet. The eggs Benedict in the dining room were divine — something we do once per cruise. Lunch was in Dining room or Oceanview or once at Mast grill. There were so many choices and the food was very good. The best thing I had at the buffet was spanakopita and the pizza Dinner was Main Dining and one night in Tuscan Grille. Tuscan was great with the best filet I’ve ever had. Our server got the recipe from the chef — I wish I had gotten the tiramisu recipe. My husband and son ate the Branzino fish and we shared an antipasto and had 1/2 portions of pasta. Seriously good. The Main Dining good and service was delicious too with great service from Leandro and Asst J. We had beef, fish, lamb and wonderful desserts. The vegetable portions are small fresh and al dente which we liked but there is soup and salad or you can size up. One night, really 2 nights we added an extra entree to share. There was a comedy show, lots of music and full moon and Motown parties, movies, DJ and activities— there just wasn’t enough time to get it all in & put my feet up on the balcony too. What I would change if I could was the venues. Too many events including Captains Club event with Captain Tasos were held in the atrium/lobby People standing around the railing or on the sides of the dance floor instead of a comfortable venue like the sky lounge or theater. We especially enjoyed the singer Hannah Goodwin with musicians including good horn players from the band. The casino had some fun new slot machines — fun because they actually let you win a bit before they take all your money or a little of our money in our case. A standout fun time was our Key West sailaway party on the helipad with drinks. The first time invitation for us and the view was incredible. The horn scared the you-know-what out of us lol. We were in Cozumel before and this time a ship excursion to Mayan ruins and beach break was so good with Luz, our informative guide. In Key West our glass bottom boat ship excursion as cancelled because of the wind, so we walked around, stopped at the Key West bakery 511 Greene street for delicious Key Lime pie and coffee. A nice time there, & excursion refunded. Didn’t care for the photos done — too rushed. We saw no chair hogs, there was a nice mix of passengers and a lot of people we overheard remarked about the food being especially good. Equinox is a special ship. With good coffee and oh my goodness the donuts at Cafe al Bacio in morning and the Oceanview afternoon teatime blueberry were yummy. So, we live in Florida. There were some perks with our booking, there is free laundry and some other Elite perks and the price was lower than other lines for similar sailing believe it or not. We had a great time, did something or nothing— the crew and staff had great attitudes and the ship is in great shape. I didn’t have anything important to complain about which is unusual for me (joke). Oh, just one thing I would change. I do not like the large pump containers in the shower. I believe (I’m trying to put this delicately) when I’m in the shower the personal products I use should be kept personal. Maybe I’m too subtle but you get the point. I don’t know whether this was done for economical or environmental reasons. I would bring my own, especially body wash next time. Disembarkation was painless. Oh, my husband did have a 3-block walk here also on embarkation not finding the shuttle from the terminal to the parking garage. The porters are helpful. We did have a customs inspection the day before disembarkation where the customs people boarded in the morning and we lined up to have our documents looked at. It wasn’t fun at 7am but it went fast and was handled efficiently. Looking forward to our next sailing.

Choose your cruise — This was the right one for us

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by true45

Didn’t care for the photos done — too rushed.

Looking forward to our next sailing.
true45’s Full Rating Summary