3. Carnival Valor
I choose this cruise for a mommy and daughter's birthday present. Embarkation was a BREEZE!! Once aboard, we immediately grabbed something to eat from Guy's burgers. Yes, it is soo good. As we walked around the ship, we found the layout was weird on certain floors. We could not get into our cabin until exactly 1:30 pm which was fine by me. Our cabin was nice, clean and dated, but you get what you pay for. The Munster drill was a complete joke. I could not hear nor see the lead person because we were literally staked on top of each other and it was hot. Not nice!! The buffet was OK, and the coffee sucked big time. The whole layout was odd. There's an adult pool in the middle of the lido deck right in front of the pizza pirate and folks are sitting and eating. The entertainment was decent. Kevinnnnn, the cruise director was so funny and witty. He was informative and caring. I loved Kevin!! We had bad weather one day and everyone was sick. It was not a good feeling. We accidentally found ourselves lost on deck 11 and the spa ladies pounced immediately on us. Talk about high-pressure sales tactics. $150 for a mani and Pedi, No thanks! The comedy shows were ok. I was not expecting it to be stellar but the lady comic's material was obscene!! The main dining rooms were top notch and the food was good...not great but good. The dining staff was kind and helpful. Disembarkation was a disaster!!! Carnival needs to find another way to disembark because what I witnessed this morning was complete chaos! Overall, this is a good ship for a first-timer. But after witnessing debarkation this morning, I don't think that I would sail on any Carnival cruises out of New Orleans again.

Good Value

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Antioch116

Antioch116’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Valor price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B
Located mid-ship. Good and quiet location
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins