• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Norwegian Escape Review

Editor Rating
5 Awards

Weather uncooperative, Crew were awesome!

Review for Norwegian Escape to the Western Caribbean
MrsBlackross
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom
Steps and original masks at the temple at the Kohunlich Mayan Ruins
Very long walk on the pier from the ship to the town in Costa Maya.  Bring

Getting on the ship was a breeze. Minimal wait in line...the lines were long but they went fast. Walked off the shuttle and right into security line then straight onto the ship.

The ship itself was beautiful and clean. Every crew member we encountered had a bright and sunny 'good morning' or 'good afternoon' for us. Every. Single. One. The bartenders and servers in our favorite hangouts (waves bar, spice) learned our names and fave drinks on day 1 and never forgot. We had the beverage package so there was much to be consumed.

We were not that impressed with the dining on this ship. Embarkation day we did Teppanyaki, which was FABULOUS, but the rest of the trip the food was mediocre. Moderno, which is supposed to be a brazilian steakhouse, actually had the nerve to attempt to repeatedly serve med-well done filet and steaks? I was saddened they would do that to filet mignon and i had to specifically ask for med-rare and rare meat. Also they kept coming around with chicken, bacon wrapped chicken, pork sausages...I nearly forgot I was in a STEAKhouse. Taste and Savor both had identical menus and seemed to mirror the buffet. We ate most meals at the buffet just because of timing.

Balcony Stateroom

Our cabin was great, though we had issues with the TV remote. Not sure if it was batteries or if the buttons just sucked on it.

I loved the firmness of the bed, husband hated it.

Light fixtures next to the bed had USB ports to plug in phone chargers, woohoo!

Closet had lots of hangers and there were nice cubbies for other clothes. Coffee maker in the room along with our 'welcome back' wine were great touches.

Shower water pressure was not the greatest, but I have had worse on a cruise and with long thick hair water pressure is a big deal for me.

Port Reviews

Harvest Caye

see full review above for my comments on this port

Cozumel

see comments in full review

Roatan

It was raining, windy, and cold. We stayed on the ship in the hot tubs on this port day. Had friends go on the monkey and sloth excursion and they said it was awesome. They got to hold sloths in their arms and the monkeys were very bold and fun.

Miami

we flew into FLL and took a shuttle to Miami port, so no comments on Miami for this trip.

6 Helpful Votes