Carnival Magic Cruise Review

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by ronlabee

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

I will start off by saying this was our first cruise. My wife, myself, and 4 children (21yr old, 15yr old, 14yr old, 6yr old). The ship is beautiful and truly amazing. The crew and staff were above even that. The entire crew & staff that we encountered really went above and beyond. From the cruise director (Simon), to our dinning server (Kevin who = GOAT), to the room steward (Nurhamid =my 6 yr old just loves & misses already) to the servers in the dinning rooms, and EVEN the deck workers (Asuandojono* = Squeegees & Mops the the deck floors AFT Pool area), to the Croatian Sensation hosting bingo = gonna make it raaaaaiiin HA! Just crazy Amazing people. Seriously, hands down. When you can engage and involve everyone of ALL ages, even our 6 year old and leave an impression, that is what it is all about. Making Amazing Memories =MAM. The ship did not feel crowded, except at sea days around the pools. (everyone wanted that sun). The shows were truly amazing. The cast appears to truly love what they do. Food was just amazing. Kevin worked hard to server 14 people each night. He even got to show off his dancing skills!! This man can D A N C E y'all!! There are lots of things that you can do as a family or as a couple and really make amazing memories! If I had to pick something to complain about or suggest so you don't think I work for Carnival, because I don't. It would be how the soda setup is done for say younger children. My wife and I are not comfortable sending say our 6 year old up to a bar to get a soda. Just not logical. This is something I would recommend Carnival looking into to address or make better. At least in the areas where everyone gathers. Now at dinner time, was not an issue as your server gladly brings you or your child a beverage. Other than that, and the fact we couldn't dock in Grand Turks due to weather, this ship would be 5 stars in my book. Gave it a solid 4 because of the soda issue and the fact we truly was looking forward to snorkeling in Turks and Cacaos and didn't get the opportunity to. Thanks again Carnival. You gave afforded our family to MAM in Jan 2020!!

ronlabee's Full Rating Summary

Interior Upper/Lower

Nurhamid was just amazing. This amazing soul had to pick up after 5 of us in this really nice cabin for 9 days. He was super friendly and made our 6 year old animals out of blankets daily. He truly is a great addition to Carnival.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Very easy to board. Lines moved fast. Plenty of Staff to help keep everything moving along.

St. Maarten

The beach here was amazing. We took a small water taxi from port over to the beach and walked maybe 25 to 30 yards and swam the entire day. Was amazing.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

This location was just ok for my family and I. We were told the beaches were quite a distance from the port and would need to rent a taxi or excursion and decided we would just do some shopping this day. The islanders at this location were a bit aggressive when leaving the ship. The stores were pretty much all the same, regardless of the store you decided to go into. We didn't really do anything else on this island.

Rainforest

Was awesome. My family and I warmed up with some go-kart racing, and then did an 1 hour tour (due to time restraints) instead of 2 hour tour into the mountains. The guide was AMAZING. Young fellow but knows his craft well. We really enjoyed it. Was way cheaper to purchase directly instead of through the ship. (you just don't get the insurance, and you have to find your own transportation to and from) We took a minibus (7 of us) cost us 65.00 there and 65.00 back and the driver actually waited for us. AMAZING local guide..even took us to a great place to eat afterwards and made sure we made it back to port on time. Really cool dude.

View All 129 Rainforest Reviews
Grand Turk

We didn't get to dock at this location due to the weather. Was told the ship was not able to dock, so we had to spend the day at sea. It was pretty choppy the night before and the morning we were supposed to dock. I didn't want to give it 1 star or 5 star because we didn't get to experience anything here unfortunately.

ronlabee