3. MSC Divina
My wife and I have been on eight cruises. This was our third New Year’s Eve cruise and first MSC. This was the most fun cruise we've ever been on. A little disappointed with the service, but more than made up by the activities, great, great entertainment, including the best band I've ever seen on a cruise, The Soul Solutions. The disco and karaoke in the Galaxy lounge, '60s, '70s & '80s night and the stage entertainers should be on Broadway. Could use a change once in a while, such as a comedian though. The Cigar Lounge absolutely made the cruise for me. Visen Seerputtee and Gusti Nging were incredible as was our dining room server, Gusti Purwa. He was exceptional. Being part of the Cruise Critic welcome party, which was the best of any cruise I’ve been on, meeting the Master, Petro Sarchnella and Hotel Director Ziggy Lisowski (the best), Bar Manager Ramona Florea and Cruise Entertainment Director Anna Werner turned out to be amazing. I actually never got their names until later in the cruise, but each and every time we ran into them, they remembered my name. I had told Ramona about a server, Keisha, at the Cafe Italia who was so nice to me when we first got on the ship and always said hello every time I'd see her, even though I never went there except to the bar get a soda. I found out from Keisha that Ramona came and told her what I said. And Anna, I don't know how she does it. I would like to say that it would've been nice having a more orderly disembarkation. Even with whatever problem caused us to be on the ship almost 5 hours past our scheduled time, and I'm sure you know the fights and arguments that went on (fortunately, I just sat and watched them as entertainment). For the first three hours not ONE staff was in the room, when there should have been one in each corner of the room (we were in the Golden Jazz Bar?) from the beginning. Just being there instructing people what to do and where to stand would've stopped almost all fights. If a staff member walked thru, they just looked straight ahead and didn't acknowledge anyone. Pretty rude even if they couldn't answer. There were a few like that. Well, to make it short, the reason this was the most fun on a ship was the younger age of the crowds, the entertainment, and again, the cigar lounge. Below is a link to the Cruise Critic forum post I did for this cruise showing photos of the Meet and Mingle that MSC put on for us. Unbelievable is all I can https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2623325-msc-divina-december-27-2019-ringing-in-new-year-2020/?do=findComment&comment=59019778

11 night Cruise, Central America, Mexico and Jamaica.

MSC Divina Cruise Review by RickMG

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Interior Stateroom

RickMG’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Interior Stateroom
Cabin I1
We had an inside cabin because I like to stay out late and even though I get up early to get off the ship or do something, I like to take a good nap before dinner so I can see the shows after and go to the other areas of entertainment. I love the dark. Cabin was great with room for everything.
Guinone Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    We took the hop on hop off tour with a guided tour of the old town. Beautiful place but the souvenir hawkers wouldn't get out of your face in the old town. Not the tour fault but I can't believe the city allows it. A group follows you to every place they show you. Glad we saw it though because I never expected Columbia to be like it is. One of the best cities I've seen on any cruise and beautiful place. Felt very safe everywhere.
    View All 333 City Tour Reviews
  • Panama Canal Tour
    Walked off the ship and decided to hire a driver for my wife and I $50 per person in his very comfortable taxi. He took us to the Panama Canal Museum and locks and then drove us all around Panama City and Old Town. The drive really is less than an hour on a four lane toll road. He pointed everything out and let us out to walk around and see things on our own time. Could not believe how huge Panama City is. You'd think you were driving into New York or Chicago. Saw the ships lined up waiting for their turn to enter the canal and really sharp seeing the Pacific Ocean on this cruise.
    View All 101 Panama Canal Tour Reviews
  • Costa Maya
    Couldn't find a taxi to go to the old town which we wanted to walk so stayed in the shopping area which was the best of the cruise. Great restaurants all over and plenty to do.
    View All 2,623 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • Miami
    Started from Miami. Love the town but we live in Florida and in Miami quite often.
    View All 2,459 Miami Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Miami Cruise Port Review
  • Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve
    Gorgeous place, but I'd have rather gone to another port where we could do and go wherever we wanted instead of only do what the ship has provided. The beaches are beautiful, but living in Florida very close to the beach it's not where I go on vacation. So, unless you like doing things in the water, I don't see a reason to get off the ship when you have a wonderful view from the 14th floor. I sound like a party pooper, but if we went to anywhere we could've done the same things if we wanted but had many more things we could do.
    View All 69 Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve Cruise Port Review
  • Ocho Rios
    Took a tour off ship or the rain forest. First and only off ship tour I've ever taken where it seemed there was nothing to see. Was not happy with this stop at all. Next time we'd go to the beach or diving where we heard great things.
    View All 1,087 Ocho Rios Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ocho Rios Cruise Port Review
  • Eco Cruise
    We took this River cruise and it was fantastic and we had the best two guides. Saw animals and reptiles we've never seen before. They pointed out things we couldn't see until they pointed out even when we were looking right at them. Many two and three finger sloths, Crocodiles and Caiman, different type of birds, lizards, etc. Just an amazing fun time.
    View All 12 Eco Cruise Reviews