3. Norwegian Getaway
We just got off today (1/12/20) and I can say I would without a doubt never go back on this ship again. We are carefully considering never to cruise Norwegian again and we’ve only ever cruised with Norwegian previously. I understand the ship is old so that doesn’t have a lot to do with my review. I expect wear and tear. What I don’t expect though is to sleep in saggy and heavily stained mattresses. My comforter was so yellow and so stained it absolutely grossed me out to even sleep well. Our TV wouldn’t work and the solution was to swap remotes which then left us with no way to turn it off or work the volume. It was eventually dealt with. The staff could have cared less about anyone. My daughter wasn’t feeling well and it was like I was asking for a million dollars for them to grab things I know they have out throughout the day, but didn’t have out right then. I was told things like “sorry” this is what we have. All they had to do was go in the back and grab what I needed. It just doesn’t disappear and reappear the next day and they don’t have access to it when I ask. Staff was a mixture of heading home and fresh on the job. You wouldn’t know it though because they all acted like it wasn’t their job to help. My room steward was heading home in a week so he didn’t care he was just trying to make it through his last two weeks. I totally get it, but it sure sucked for us. He would make the beds and change the towels. That was the extent of it. I always had to hunt him down or ask for mini bar to be restocked. It was never just done. Cabinets were splattered with who knows what when we got in the room and it stayed like that all week. The nasty yellow comforter that was on the bed was covered in a sheet case. He would constantly make the bed with the sheet case opening at the head of the bed. It was NASTY!!! I didn’t want to sleep with it let alone have it by my face. I would always flip it to the foot of the bed and when he came in it would be back up again. None of the other beds were made like that so it really irritated me. All the openings were at the foot. If you are expecting cute little animal towels you’ll be disappointed. They don’t do it anymore. After the kids begging he gave in and made a few. We’ve never cruised to a island where you had to tender in. So when we were to get off in grand cayman imagine how shocked we were that we had to book a tender. We didn’t get off the boat until 1pm. They lacked in getting the word out for this. This was coming off of a very short day in Cozumel. Filling up by a cancelled day of Jamaica because of winds. Disappointed would be an understatement. Out of their control I know, but still very disappointed. This was the day we looked forward to all week. They announced over the intercom they would put out a updated schedule. Which they did. The higher up staff tried to keep the day upbeat because of the change of plans. Sadly it was brought down by the rest of the staff that you could tell was aggravated they wouldn’t get the light crowd day they thought they would. It was very uncomfortable at times making us feel like we were bothering them. Unless you do specialty dining be prepared to eat the exact same thing no matter where you go. Taste, Savor, Buffet, O’sheehan. It’s the same food different name. By day 3 we barely ate breakfast and lunch.

Just Ok