3. MSC Divina
I sailed on the MSC Divina in early January for Jam Cruise. I was NOT impressed. When I first got to my cabin - 9218 - the room was gross. There were toenail clippings on the carpet, sand all over the couch and barely an eighth of a roll of toilet paper! I felt really gross. I had to call guest service 3 times (!) to get more toilet paper. And apparently the ship no longer gives each cabin a box of tissues! As far as the cabin is concerned, the balcony overlooks Deck 7. In order to see the ocean you had to look past the deck as well as the lifeboats. Not the best view. And the food...I am so tired of pizza after this trip. The buffet options were terribly limited. The salad bar consisted of lettuce, tomato, carrots and corn. The whole buffet experience was disappointing. The crew was constantly hovering over us to take our plates and would clean the floor for the table while I was eating there. The free restaurant was better although the service wasn’t that attentive. There also wasn’t that much to do on the boat. The ship was dated and seemed to run very warm in the interior spaces - including the cabins. As far as the ports go, we stopped at the ship’s private island in the Bahamas. The island is still under development so not all of the food options are open. It was a nice place to lay out and chill. The next port was Costa Maya in Mexico. The port itself is like most ports - lots of souvenirs that repeat themselves store after store. Note - the walk from the boat to the port is LONG. Leave time to get back on the ship. We signed up for a beach excursion at the port. For $29 that can be charged to your cabin we were driven to the beach club at Mahahual beach. While the servers were attentive, the vendors were plentiful and bothersome. But I get it - the struggle is real as is their hustle. The price of the excursion included beach chairs, umbrella and transportation to and from the beach. It went smoothly for us. In sum, I have no desire to cruise with MSC again. The ship was very basic and not worth the money in my opinion. I would cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis in a heartbeat instead.

Cruise at your own risk on the MSC Divina..service is greatly lacking!

MSC Divina Cruise Review by Froco

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Bella Balcony Stateroom

Froco’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1
Cabin was not cleaned thoroughly upon our arrival. The room size was decent and there was a couch. The balcony was big enough to fit 2 chairs and an ottoman. Location of room wasn’t so great as it was in the part of the ship that indents in so the balcony is overlooking lifeboats and deck 7 rather than just the sea.
Cupido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins