Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Gail45

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

This cruise was a birthday gift from my daughters.

This was the first cruise my husband and I went on alone. I was a bit disappointed that we were not traveling with family or friends as we have done in the past. But travelers and crew were all friendly and helpful.

The Good-Amazing efficiency. We did not have a single Gltch in any part of the process. Embarking and Disembarking was a piece of cake even with ling lines and many different languages to maneuver. Booking excursions was a breeze with the Norwegian App. We booked and within 5 minutes our tickets were in our door slot. The same efficient process was true for excursions that were canceled or changed. Refunds were quickly made. Our bill at the end did not have any errors.

As far as rooms go, our balcony room 10544 was spacious for a ship, clean and had lots of storage. The ship as a whole was clean.

Try the Whisky tastings.

The Average - the hot tubs were packed and a few hot tubs had broken knobs. The water was tepid.

I thought they had plenty of deck chairs too.

Lines to the bar where the standard drink package applied were long and some adults were pretty rude to other guests about whose turn it was to order. Staff saw the interactions and chose to ignore.

Entertainment was fair. The male dancers were fantastic. The Michael Jackson impersonator was very good and the comedian was funny.

The bad- the Norwegian app only worked occasionally, the internet was not at all consistent too. Both were very frustrating. Norwegian needs to do better.

The food-specilty restaurants were average and better than the complimentary but not wonderful.

The buffet was horrible. Often times cold and luke warm offerings were the special of the day. Golden Corral is much much better.

The Summer Palace was better than the buffet. At least we were served warm food.

But over cooked eggs, over cooked protein was served consistently.

Wrongly marked restaurant items were also the norm.

A Chopped Ham salad sandwich was labeled crabmeat.

I ordered the pork loin dinner and got two slices of ham. I think Norwegian thinks pigs are more versatile than they are.

Food was a 1star most times.

I also found out cruising in January doesn't mean you will get the cruise you expect. Stops were changed, excursions canceled due to the whims of mother nature. We had a good Italian Captain and he made our misadventures as comfortable for all.

In short, I would certainly cruise on NCL again, but just as a preference, I like the formal dining better than freestyle so I would chose another cruise line that offers that first.

Gail45's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Clean and spacious. Great service

City Tour

Nassau tour guide was not that informative and just laughed at everything

View All 168 City Tour Reviews
Freeport

Very disappointing area. Weather canceled our beach excursion. But tge area itself is industrial and not scenic

Gail45