3. Viking Vilhjalm
Extension in Prague was great, wonderful city but the Marriott they booked us at was the worst Marriott we ever stayed at. First there was construction noise all day, when we complained to the front desk the woman said nothing she could do. Our view was of a lower roof top...oh and the bar did not know how to make a Shirley Temple or apparently anything except a Mai Tai, the drink of the day everyday we were there. Bed was the worst I ever slept on, prisoners probably have better beds. The mattress pad was hard and lumpy, they replaced it with another which was just as bad...I finally told them do not even bother I pulled the pad off myself and we slept on the cheap thin foam mattress the entire cruise. Breakfast okay, lunch underwhelming but dinner usually good. Service in dining room was lacking, very hard to get cocktails and refills. Staff definitely not as good as on the Rhine cruise we did with Viking. Free tours are mostly bus tours, we either bought excursions or like in Passaic, did our own walking tour and went to a great cafe and Dachshund museum then Christmas Market and church. Worst thing was in Budapest we tried to arrange with the front desk for a cab to do High Tea at the Gresham Palace (did not want to walk as we dressed up) but they gave our cab to another room! We were late for our reservation and wasted our vacation time! I am sure our survey was thrown out. Bear in mind there are a lot of really old people and those who do not travel independently ever. The Christmas Market in Budapest we walked to on our own. Did not like the bread making and distillery tour in Austria...did not see any farm animals and did not make bread only kneaded, shaped and added toppings to it. Not sure we will do Viking again at this point.

Very disappointing

Viking Vilhjalm Cruise Review by InsureFun

• Sail Date: November 2019
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony

Not sure we will do Viking again at this point.
Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
We appreciate this candid review, InsureFun. While we’re pleased that you enjoyed exploring new destinations with us, it’s disappointing to learn aspects of your cruise and pre-extension did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been recorded and documented for review, and should you wish to discuss your experience further, we welcome you to email tellus@vikingcruises.com. We hope to hear from you, InsureFun, and look forward to the opportunity to restore your faith in us.
InsureFun’s Full Rating Summary