Sun Princess Cruise Review

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Zenabro

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I booked this cruise News years day 2018 to travel from 23rd Dec to 7th feb, due to the really bad year we had. I decided to put my last of my savings into what I thought would be a fantastic cruise.

Well we was wrong !!!!

As soon I as we got on the cruise we went for a glass off wine and sat and watched all the elderly people get on. Mid 80s - 90s with motorised scooters and frames.

I would like to start by saying I don’t have any issues with the elderly in fact I think it’s great that there actually making an effort to do something.

I totally blame princess cruises for my disappointments.

We was on a beverage package so our cruise cost us $10,000 which was a lot of money for 15 days.

My disappointments was:

*. Entertainment was terrible our Christmas show was like a kid’s activity play, it’s was embarrassing.

* Food was very bland, the meats was cut up really small to cater for the elderly. The British theme was a joke. And Christmas Day food was ok but nothing over the top.

*. The specialised coffee was made far too hot, the first time I got one it Burt my tongue.

The next time I got one I asked for it not to be too hot, I got it warm. They was making the coffee far too hot because that’s how the elderly likes it.

* The day entertainment was appalling throwing plastic hoops over a champagne bottle ????

Bean bag throwing, Trying to hit a plastic ball golf ball into a net sorry but it was totally stupid.

All the bars closed between 12 & 1 on a night one night I counted 25 people still drinking having a good time, they still closed the bar at 12.15 as soon as the bar closed every one disappeared.

*. With us being on a drinks package we was entitled to 15 alcohol drinks a day each.

We never used our allowance up. after the bars closed we was made to sit in the 24 hour cafe every nite, how could we have a good time or try and meet people we was told to be quite by some elderly people because there was having a cup of tea !!!

The legends bar was open till 1 we went in a couple of times the music was shit and out dated and it only had 4 to 5 people in.

*.Shore excursions was terrible. We paid $90 each to be taken too what should of being white shandy beach, air conditioned shopping centre, Trendy bars, lovely restaurants.

Instead we got a beach full of fishing boats, sand was full of mud, locals was like ants trying to sell you there local crap.

NO shopping centre NO Trendy bars not ONE in sight and NO lovely restaurants.

We was supposed to be there for 3 hours we ended up getting back on the bus after 2 hours it was horrible.

I could go on and on if you are thinking of going on this cruise, unless your elderly, or you have a couple of kids that are quite and r happy to just sit around go ahead and book.

We are 56 & 59 years old I would never recommend this cruise I’m so disappointed.

This review is genuine, I read a previous review about a week before we sailed and my stomach sank. I thought no it cannot be that bad. The last guy wrote it was a:

“ Floating Nursing Home”

This is true

Stay away from this cruise

Regards

Zenabro's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Cabin was clean

Balcony was very worn but clean

Zenabro