• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

travelberlin
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin:

Azamara Pursuit does not, imho, meet the standards that frequent cruisers with Azamara are used to.

This was my 10th cruise with an Azamara ship within 10 years. In a way it was special to me because Azamara was one of my favorite cruise lines, and having cruised 10 times between 2009 and 2019, made me feel like celebrating a milestone. Well, nothing was really special about this cruise with the Pursuit.

There were positive aspects. One of them was the itinerary. As a matter of fact I have chosen this cruise due to the itinerary. My cruise was from Buenos Aires to Buenos Aires cruising in Uruguay (Montevideo and Punta Del Este) and in Brazil (Santos, Para Ti, Buzios and Rio de Janeiro). It was a 13 night cruise. I have been in those ports many times with Azamara and other cruise lines, and I like them. I just enjoy walking around and discovering new things each time we dock or tender at those ports. I do see changes happening, for example In Buzios, but the ports are still worth a visit for me and I would not hesitate to cruise again in the area.

Response from BonnieM, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises

Hello TravelBerlin, I am so sorry you were not wowed on your South America cruise with us. I know how loyal to Azamara you've been, and what a great contributions you give to our Azamara...

19 Helpful Votes