Viking Jupiter Cruise Review

Highlights of Scenic Cruising in Chile, Usuahia and Buenos Aires

Viking Jupiter Cruise Review by edflo5037

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: South America

I traveled to South America previously on a land tour and wanted to see the southern portions that I had not visited before. I Really enjoyed the scenic cruising in Chile, Usuahia, and lovely tours in Buenos Aires

Itinerary very nice. Perhaps another day in Valparaiso could be added so that there could be time to visit Santiago. Included excursions were good but often conflicted with taking an optional tour. I don’t know if Viking can make an adjustment because of distances involved in getting to sights.

Lovely Puerto Montt and Puerto Arenas brought back memories of my previous South American trip. Actually walked by hotel that I had stayed in. Fiords and Amalia Glacier were so beautiful. The Train ride through Tiera de Fuego was very enjoyable and picturesque.

Excursions in Usuahia and the Falklands were quite good as well as tour of Port Stanley and the Dockside Museum. Enjoyed Beautiful Montevideo sightseeing. Excellent tours in Buenos Aires showed us all areas of this amazing city.

Thank you to Viking for the lovely Parana Delta tour on the river near Tigre and for providing a hospitality room before our late flight home. It made a tiring day most pleasant.

I Really enjoyed excellent service and friendliness of the Viking staff. The beautiful Jupiter was our home. The Excellent entertainment on the ship was the topping on the cake.

edflo5037's Full Rating Summary

Lovely cabin was very well maintained by our very nice cabin steward Mark.

edflo5037