3. MSC Seaside
My husband received a certificate (casino) for a cruise with MSC cruiseline for an interior room cruise. We upgraded to a balcony and chose the MSC Seaside in November 2019. We did the Fantastica experience. I was very concerned with a lot of the negative reviews on this ship but of course everyone has their own opinion. Normally, we are more loyal to Royal and have cruised Royal Caribbean many many times. So of course we did compare. But I must say we had a nice cruise on MSC Seaside. The cabin was nice (although when booking if you don't want a bathtub make sure what is in your balcony cabin when booking; some have tubs and some showers) and our room steward was very good. The staff was kind; and the casino staff (servers, dealers, pit bosses, etc) were all kind. Regarding their food, we mainly did the buffet on deck 8 and food was basic but did taste good. I wish they would do a bit more regarding their salad bar area. I also wish they would do a little more in the way of drinks - maybe with staff bringing around the tea and water etc to help out. But if I asked someone, they did help me (just not eager to come to you to help). Dinner in the main dining room was good. I felt their portions were not close to American portions but food always tasted good. I also felt your choices were not higher end as compared to Royal and you do not get a lobster night - so if you look forward to that, it does not happen unless you purchase it. But there are times on Royal their food it not so great tasting as well if I want to compare. But they definitely need better meal choices on their menu as I just felt it seemed a little cheap in their choices - and the lobster I did get complimentary was lobster ravioli. I also feel their tables are very small - we did request a table just for 2 but ended up with 4 - and our table mates were fabulous and kind so that was good - but for the 4 of us at this table, you had no place to put your plates if you got an extra appetizer or an extra side - just felt crammed with food and yourselves. Our waiter was nice but you hardly saw the assistant waiter - that needs to improve - as we were always asking for water refills, etc. The waiter can only handle so much. I can see where there needs to be some improvements but all in all it was a nice cruise and we would cruise with them again. Oh and I was surprised the movement on the ship for its size. I don't always have the most stable legs so the first or second day in it was very hard for me to walk around; but they did not hesitate to accommodate me with assistance. And like most of the reviews, the most annoying thing was the at the drills and the shows all the languages they would go through - took forever and very very loud - they need to maybe just pick no more than 3 languages - that was horrible! And they really need to take your "card" information before your cruise as that kinda sucks going to kiosks to input that info for your expenditures for the week (they do, however, give 1-2 days to accomplish this). But give it a try - I know we were not disappointed. Like us, you will make your own judgement and opinion.

New to MSC

kevsan’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2
Cabins need more drawers/storage and some shelves around the dresser area.
Venice Beach Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins