3. Norwegian Bliss
We wanted to do Alaska cruise and was recommended by travel agent. Also because it was one where you don't have to get dressed up and can eat when you want to. Our group consisted of my husband and 14 year old daughter. ( Who is an introvert and loves to read all the time, this was a great trip for her) Pros We had midship balcony cabin and it was perfect for the three of us. Had lots of room, very clean. Lots of storage. I had thought about upgrading before trip, but glad I didn't. Elevators were busy, but I liked using stairs, (needed the exercise.) Stairs were not what I expected too. They were like a grand staircase out in the open. Easy to go up and down. ( Plus they were constantly cleaning them.) Service was great and everyone was friendly. Our cabin steward was very sweet and did a great job. Best part was the observation deck. They had a lovely spread at lunch, that you could serve yourself in afternoons. Our go to place. Liked it better then the buffet. Ate at Cagney's once. ( We did not get dining package, so it was expensive). It was amazing though. ( Couldn't justify going again, when the other food was free) The complimentary dining rooms were good. Some nights better than others. Food was same at all the three main dining rooms. Jersey Boys was great. They had a great sail away party. Some of the game nights were fun to watch., some a little too raunchy. Cruise directors and staff were great at making activities fun. Alaska is beautiful and we lucked out on the weather. Cons The shops in the ship are annoying and too glitzy. I got suckered in to the art show stuff and felt like a wasted a few hours where I could be enjoying the scenery and watching for whales, just to get a free glass of champagne. Plus Art was overpriced and super large. Also not into all the gambling stuff. Didn't do lazor tag and cancelled our reservation for go carts. (Didn't look as fun as I thought.) I did get a little board on the boat, but it was very relaxing. Observation deck can get a little crowded, but not too bad. I would try another NCL cruise, infact did sign up for the cruise next deal.

First time cruisers, beautiful ship.

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by 58Mary

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom

Pros

Alaska is beautiful and we lucked out on the weather.

Cons

I did get a little board on the boat, but it was very relaxing.

Observation deck can get a little crowded, but not too bad.

I would try another NCL cruise, infact did sign up for the cruise next deal.
58Mary’s Full Rating Summary