3. Insignia
My TA had been suggesting that I try Oceania as I liked Celebrity. The stars aligned just right and my oldest son and his girl friend got the nod for this trip. So glad I did. Did not want to get off. Just love the smaller ship. We have had good service on other ships, but this was as good or better than any others. So nice to not have to pay for fancy coffee, or ice cream, or soft drinks. Our room included a complimentary bottle of champagne which I easily exchanged for a bottle of house red which I preferred. No problem in restocking my room supply on my own at the various ports, They then kept the mini-refrig full of mixers. Everything is so relaxed. I am generally pretty hyper and I was chill for this trip. I did one ship excursion, a regatta on the 12-Meter Stars And Strips while in St Marteen. Wind sucked on our race, but do recommend this excursion for anyone interested in sailing as we were on the actual boat that won back the America's Cup. When we got to Martinique, it was New Years day and everything was shut down. However, we just took the water taxi to Trois Islets. For $20 we got an umbrella and beach chairs. This is a European beach and not like Florida, but was a very nice way to spend a day. Do be prepared as the local language is French, but this really was no an issue. At St Lucia, I snagged a Kayak trip to the Marigot bay area. Highly recommend this trip. Went with DFH kayaking. We went back into the mangroves which was truly a trip to a jungle. Surprisingly, there were no bugs. This was an adventure. St Kitts was nice. We went on one of the open air buses for a trip to the rain forrest. Wanted to go to the beach but the rain nixed that. Local driver made the trip very pleasant. Antigua was the prettiest beach we saw. Take a taxi to the nearest beach for $15. He drops you off where a guide takes you to a beautiful beach with beach chairs and umbrellas for $20. Then at the agreed upon time our guide returned to take us back to the taxi to return to the ship in perfect time. Made for another relaxing beach day, and a lot cheaper than the ship cruises. We hit San Juan the day before a bunch of earthquakes hit. Hope they did not hurt the town. It was a lot nicer than when we were there two years ago after two hurricanes. This was our third trip to San Juan. I do not understand why cruise ships seem want to just stop for just a few hours. Too much time to just shop the local stores, but not long enough to really see Puerto Rico. Last stop was Great Stirrup Cay. My only comment is why stop there. Beach is OK, but this is a basic company island. All in all am trying to figure out when I can do this again.

Small ship is the way to go

Insignia Cruise Review by stoshb

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom

So nice to not have to pay for fancy coffee, or ice cream, or soft drinks.

All in all am trying to figure out when I can do this again.
stoshb’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Insignia price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A1
Smallish cabin, but very nicely decorated and good use made of space. Living in this space was easier than one might think due to the attention to detail they have made in designing the cabin. Colors were very pleasant. There is a power outlet next to bed for my CPAP. The drawers are self closing.

Everyone gripes about the size of the shower, but though I am a big man and it is small, I had no issues.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins