3. Mariner of the Seas
This is a fun, affordable, fast cruise for a long weekend. this ship was a miniature version of the Independence of The Seas. I love the Promenade in this style of ship. The pools were a little less warm that I like. I was pretty clear they weren't heated but it didn't matter too much because there wasn't too much free time. I had "The Key" but would not say it was needed on this sailing at all. The initial lunch at Chops (which for some reason was in the main dinning hall) was not as good as a regular meal at chops but okay. The internet was good service. The shows did have reserved seats for "The Key" but they didn't fill up so there was no need. The whole ship, including the rooms, were clean and remodeled recently so it was a nice experience. The art auction, like on every ship, was fun but NEVER BUY ANYTHING! just google the reviews before you sail, but still fun to watch. Food was just average, and I only got the "refreshment" drink package this trip. My thinking was that I could bring 2 bottles of wine and this was only a 3 night trip... 2 adults had plenty of space in the balcony room but we did fight over plugs at times. All in all, its a great way to take a cheap cruise on a long weekend but it is not anywhere close to the caliber of the Quantum class or Oasis class ships. Facial recognition at the port is so much nicer than customs! I seldom get off the ship in Nassau but we did the Essential Nassau Bus Tour and had a nice time. This port is really not a great stop but you cant beat the price. As always, Perfect Day at CoCo Cay was amazing.

Miniature Independence of The Seas - A nice quick cruise

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by jcopas123

• Sail Date: October 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

I had "The Key" but would not say it was needed on this sailing at all.

The internet was good service.

Facial recognition at the port is so much nicer than customs!

jcopas123’s Full Rating Summary