Celebrated our anniversary on this cruise: Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by bjc2996
Overall Member Rating
Celebrated our anniversary on this cruise
Good things about Bahamas Celebration:
1)Staff was very friendly. Anytime you needed something they were more than happy to get that for you. I also loved how they had waiters and waitress walking around with drinks. Didn't have to wait at the bar for a drink. It came right to you!!!
2) Plenty of entertainment for all ages. My husband actually was called from the audience to come and assist with an act. I like how the staff interacted with us. The only time that we spent in our cabin was More to shower and sleep.
3) The food was very good and you could eat as much as you liked. I liked how they set you with different people at the restaurants. It forced you to meet and talk with new people.
Bad things about Bahamas Celebration
1)The hidden fees and cashless card. I did not like the idea that they charged us for fuel charges. That was supposed to be included in the package that we brought. I also did not like the fact that you had to pay for everything using your room key card. I felt that anybody could have used my card because they never asked for ID anytime I paid for something. So if I had misplaced my room key card then anybody could use it.
2) The shore excursions. Do not do any shore excursions that they have on the boat. Wait until you get off because it is a lot cheaper. A tour of Freeport was $35.00 a person on the boat but my husband and I only paid $5.00 a person to ride to where all the shopping and the beach was. I preferred that way because you were on your own time. Plus the shore excursions that are in town are ALOT cheaper than what they have on the boat. We went jet skiing and only paid $70.00 for the both of us. Snorkeling was only $20.00 a person.
3) Debarkation was some what unorganized. We were supposed to be off the boat at 11:00am but did not actually get off and to our cars until a little after 1:00pm.
4) The spa. I went to have a pedicure done and all the lady did was put my feet in salt water for 5 minutes and filled and change my toenail polish. I was only there for no more than 15 minutes and it cost $46.00. I was not happy with that service Less
Cabin review: 3
We had a three star cabin and it was nice. The room was clean. It had 3 bunk beds, a couch, a table with a lamp on it and a desk. Since this was our first cruise I did not know what size is considered a good size for a cabin but ours was fine. We had bunk beds there were very comfortable. The bathroom was a little small. The only thing that I did not like about the cabin was how there was no electrical outlets. We had to ask the crew for a port so that we could charge up our electronics. The cabin was sound proof because I didn't hear anybody in the hallway and also we had a little radio on but you couldn't hear it outside the door.