We wanted to go to Antarctica for an affordable price and were excited when Princess started offering trips there again after 8 years. We took our 2 kids (ages 6 and 8) and my brother even brought his 1 year old daughter.
1) Antarctica is truly beautiful and amazing.
2) The Falkland Islands were great and the tours are all in personal vehicles so you get a very small group as you go to see the penguins.
3) Overall, seeing the penguins at many times during the cruise was always amazing, as well as whales and other wildlife.
4) The kids club was amazing and kept the kids happy so we could enjoy the scenery. They would point things out from the huge windows so the kids still saw the highlights.
1) It seems to be about 50/50 for chance of going to Montevideo.
2) More importantly, DO NOT go on this cruise if you're hoping to walk on the continent. Though there is a side trip offered (at $3600), they canceled it this trip (the day before it was scheduled) and the captain said it gets canceled more often than not. People were hugely disappointed and Princess did not seem very consolatory. It was not even based on the weather that it got canceled but on problems with the side trip company they partnered with.
3) For the scenic cruising, many changes were made to itinerary so don't get too attached. For example we didn't get to see Esperanza station or the primary part of Deception Island. It's not Princess' fault, but ice and sea conditions.
4) Finally, there are a lot of at sea days so be prepared!
Overall, please understand that we loved the cruise and would go again in a heartbeat. However, I want people to understand that many things didn't go according to plan.
It was fine, but 4 to a room is always crowded.
We had a great time going on a personal vehicle with a knowledgeable driver. We saw thousands of penguins including 2 king penguin.View All undefined undefined Reviews
The guides were clueless but the experience of seeing thousands of penguins in their natural habitat made it worth it.View All undefined undefined Reviews