3. Norwegian Breakaway
Chose to take my young adult children on a trip post Christmas to bond and have fun. Boat filled to capacity with over a quarter being young kids. Elevators were almost always completely full. Our cabin was slightly small for three of us and the steward left the couch made as a bed the whole week. He was very pleasant and thorough in the cleaning daily. We would not have had dinner reservations if I had not prebooked. Had excellent food and service at Cagneys and at Moderno and very good at La Cucina. The food at Velvet was terrible and so was the service - but the show was very entertaining, as was Burn the Floor. I hate that the smoke from casino is not walled off from the rest of the ship - I have asthma and it is terrible not to be able to get away from it to walk through the center/Atrium. I had little trouble getting drinks at bars inside or outside. I thought the employees were very polite and genuine. This was way too crowded and they let opening coughing sick kids and adults run amuck - kids stuck their faces in the softserve ice cream machines at buffet - no parent around! Excursions: Enjoyed Cozumel tour of local ruins but the guides were definitely getting kickbacks to have the gift shops and restaurants pushed on us. The beach stop was very pretty and employees worked hard though. They kept trying to sell on endangered black coral jewelry - not eco friendly tourism. Grand Cayman was a pit. Discovering Cayman tour was abominable - Guide was one continuous ramble about anti-environmentals and how they were ruining tourism. The spots we went were not scenic - except maybe "Hell" and that was only because it was so kitschy -so cheesy. The turtle farm was a rush job and no one took us around or explained anything to us. The tortuga factory was a sales pitch and you could not walk in it was so crowded. I saw nothing appealing at all. Jamaica port was terrible, put us in at the industrial port, not cruise port - not accessible to shopping or enjoyment of the port area. Big Stirrup Cay was very pleasant - we got there early and sat on beach and daughters snorkeled with our own equipment. Later that day, we all started coming down with respiratory infections that moved into bronchitis immediately. Ruined the whole trip to start healthy and leave very ill (am still very ill). Last three evenings Spice H2o parties were so loud the walls vibrated from people jumping at command of band/dj until 2pm and we were three decks down. High point - given help to tender off because I was using a cane for a back injury. I appreciated the wheelchair service. However, could not find our bags and they were put in the wrong color section at port. I don't believe I received the value paid for this vacation plus I am now paying to treat a miserable illness.

I won't be going again - too crowded, got sick, bad excursions

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by stacey063

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom

stacey063’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Aft-Facing Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1
Too small for three - no room to walk, nowhere to sit when sofa is a bed all day. Shower not really big enough to shave legs, only one outlet.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins