Viking Sky Cruise Review

Lovely Cruise

Viking Sky Cruise Review by cruisernm

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic

We wanted to see Spain and Portugal. This Cruise fit the bill. We don’t especially like big ocean cruises, so we liked the smaller ship idea. I can’t really fault the ship, but since we have only been on one other “ocean” cruise, it certainly was far better than the ocean cruise we were on previously. Unfortunately, we have been on three Viking River Cruises and found ourselves comparing our experience to. That of the River Cruises, which isn’t really rare. We love the intimacy of the river cruises vs. the ocean cruise. We felt the food on the Ocean Cruise was not as good as on the River Cruises...not enough diversity and quality was okay. We travelled with another couple, which was a good thing....otherwise we would probably be dining by ourselves most of the time...we like meeting people. We loved the entertainment, and the spa and gym...big pluses. We were always treated exceptionally, but never got to really know any of the staff the way we do on the River Cruises. we also felt, the “included” excursions had little substance. Also, don’t like the “class system” where if you have a more expensive room, you get first dibs by about 10 days on the optional excursions. Maybe not fair to compare, if we had never been on River Cruise....this would have been a better review. That being said, I don’t really want to go on an Alaskan Cruise, but my husband does, so if I do cave in and go on an Alaskan Cruise, I would do it on ?Viking,

cruisernm's Full Rating Summary

The cabin was beautiful, however, it could have used more drawer space. Other than that, it was very nice...beautiful balcony, although we never sat our on it as it was a little too cool.

Pisa Walking Tour

Had never been to Pisa, although had been to Italy several times. It actually was quite lovely and glad we went. The tour guide was great.

View All 88 Pisa Walking Tour Reviews
Grasse Perfume Factory

I really enjoyed going to the perfumery, it was a new experience and really enjoyed the tour.

View All 12 Grasse Perfume Factory Reviews
St. Paul de Vence

We loved St. Paul de Venice when we were there several years ago in July. It is still beautiful, however, since we were traveling in December many of the lovely shops and restaurants were closed...very disappointing. It happened to be a nice sunny day so, we did get to go to a small outside restaurant that overlooked the rooftops and had a nice lunch. Overall, very disappointed that it was not mentioned. That many of the shops would be closed before we booked this excursion.

View All 9 St. Paul de Vence Reviews
Marseille

Nice town and did go to fish market, but other than that...not worth the time.IMO

Sete

Could have passed up on this stop, seemed. To be a filler...would rather have a day at sea.

La Sagrada Familia

Was very happy that we booked this excursion. The La Sagrada Familia is NOT to be missed, unlike anything I have ever seen...just breathtaking. The highlight was just as we were leaving the cathedral I decided to step back in as I heard music coming from inside the cathedral, to my amazement they were singing Ave Maria....perfect ending to witnessing this masterpiece...dont miss it. Gaudi was a genius! Also included in this tour was the first Gaudi park and surrounding area...loved it.

View All 124 La Sagrada Familia Reviews
Cartagena (Spain)

Absolutely loved this city....I want to go back and see more!

Caves of Nerja

This was a true gem. We were absolutely amazed at these caves, it’s just incredible, you shouldn’t miss it. We loved the story behind its discovery and our tour guide was great, probably one of the best on this trip. The town is beautiful and another place we would loved to go back to and spend more time.

View All 10 Caves of Nerja Reviews
Valencia

We were pleasantly surprised at this beautiful city. Another place we want to go back and explore.

Lisbon

We loved Lisbon. Unfortunately my husband got sick and we did not get to do what we had hope to do, so we have to go back. We loved the city, the people, the food...

cruisernm