3. Celebrity Equinox
After being in dry dock, it appears that Celebrity is transforming cruising into a two tier system. They "transformed" the upper sunning deck into the retreat, restricted to suite guests. On our cruise several times I went up to see how much use it was getting and found it to be sparsely used. This makes the public area of the pool decks more crowded since those cruisers apparently wanted to be near the action. On pre-dry dock cruises the sunning deck was already crowded and this made it much worse. The service in the main dining room was not up to par. It was especially slow at breakfast. The express breakfast was anything but. The cabin steward rarely showed up before noon and one day he cleaned the room but didn't put any clean towels on the racks, After dinner and the show, around 11 PM, my wife had to go to guest services to get clean towels, then a crew member comes up and gives us only two bath towels. In the main dining room at dinner I ordered a wine. After waiting for 20 minutes and seeing the sommelier serving others, I got her attention and instead of saying "Sorry sir,I forget and I'll get it right away", She started arguing that I didn't order any. The others at the table heard me order, even the gentleman across our table of 6 who is deaf in one ear! Not the best experience, and we have been on about 60 cruise. On the plus side the bar staff, especially at the Martini bar were excellent, the food was very good and the entertainment was also good.

Not up to standards

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by joeandwendy

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

Not the best experience, and we have been on about 60 cruise.

joeandwendy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

Inside Stateroom
The cabin was very good, down on three right by the Passport bar and under the casino. Initially we were concerned that it would be to noisy, but it wasn't. Very convenient as it was on the same deck as our dining.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins