3. Magellan
There were parts of the cruise which were very good namely the cabin steward and the waiting and bar staff. Unfortunately there was a force majeur situation which meant that 4 stops on the itinerary were cancelled - Vigo, Tenerife, Lanzarote and Porto which was extremely disappointing but apparently couldn't be helped 2 of those stops were replaced with Cherbourg and Morocco. The entertainment show staff were very amateur and some of them couldn't even sing apart from a couple and I really didn't rate the cruise director Toby talk about arrogance with no talent. The other singers were a band called the funky lions were very good as was an Argentinian guitar player and singer in Taverners bar (can't remember his name) he was also excellent. Just a pity about the show staff talk about flat. The worst thing about the cruise however was that more than half of the people on board succumbed to what I now know is famously called 'The Magellan Cough'. Many people were having to go to the medical centre and you could see people walking around with canulas in as they were getting IV antiboitics. I am generally a very fit person who never gets colds and I am now back in the UK and off work due to this terrible cough. Magellan sort it out, there is no sense in trying to put a cruise on if more than half of your passengers fall ill due to lack of proper air con or whatever caused this, we do not want to be spending thousands on a cruise to then come back and be ill with infections and coughs. I would have given a higher score if it hadn't been for this cough I contracted. I will never sail on the Magellan again due to the cough epidemic if not for this I would have done. Until CMV sort out their cough epidemic that constantly happens on this ship I think they will continue to lose custom for it. Sort it out CMV !!

Magellan Cough strikes again

Magellan Cruise Review by cruiser 1000

cruiser 1000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

Excellent. Lots of space and very clean. Cabin steward was very good.