3. Sapphire Princess
As a group of 9 people 4 young teens and 5 adults we chose this cruise to spend some relaxing time enjoying other countries. One of our group has special dietary needs which we were told would be catered for. Thanks to the maitre d of the Savoy it was. Everywhere else it was a constant battle. Boarding and disembarkation in Singapore was painless and well organised. Although several emails were sent requesting alcohol free white wine the best that could be located was blush . Shore excursions were taken. It's obvious that the cruise company only passes on info that suits them. Catering for specific tours only. At two ports we had no idea that a shuttle service would be available. If we'd known we would have had our own trip not the shopping trip the "tour" turned out to be. The unfortunate loss of the radars as we transitted the straits caused a change of port, the cancellation of Phuket and insertion of Langkawi meant tours had to be rearranged. Again a lack of info to the passengers until arrival meant the local bus to a beach was not common knowledge. The menu in the anytime dining area area far too repetitive. My previous cruises have provided a far wider range and better presented meals. I took the coffee package which was just okay - I drink long black (americano) however I was frequently asked if I wanted cream or milk ?? Very odd.

Below their usual standard

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Wello 1

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

Boarding and disembarkation in Singapore was painless and well organised.

Wello 1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 13 to 15
Get Sapphire Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OY
Good choice with little obstruction.
In the past we've always had a balcony, this was not available for this cruise however the cabin was satisfactory.
Until day 5 I did not meet our cabin steward.
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins