3. Norwegian Gem
Lovely ship for those who like smaller vessels. Plenty out door space, could always find a sun bed. Cabin was nice & cozy for the 3 of us (sharing with 16 yr old daughter & husband) Good food at complimentary dining, buffet basic with a fair choice & the 2 dining rooms made it a bit special, especially if you took lunch there. All the speciality dining areas were good especially the French, Brazilian & Tappinaky (?) Beware if you have a drinks package not to buy bottles of wine as these can be very expensive (Especially to European pockets) If you want to have a hectic holiday there is plenty to do on board. The shows at night are excellent. Was disappointed if you were just looking for a normal disco evening as it didn't exist. There was plenty of singers & some bands with restricted repertoires, especially for a 154 day cruise. But no 'boogieing' for those of us who still feel young All the bars but 1 shut down at 12.30 am on New Years which left the Bliss "night club" (over 18's) the only thing open with a really abysmal DJ & then shut down because of 14+ yr olds walking about & picking drinks AND there was no security available to remove them. So I was a bit disappointed at the lack of New Year celebrations. The 10 ports we visited were fantastic & I saved a lot of money by booking excursions independently through a different travel company rather than on board. My only down side was, being a smoker, there was no where to sit quietly, read your book & smoke. You were either stuck by the noisy bar or in the very smelly cigar room. (But I suppose I can't have everything?) Do take advantage of the speciality dining & drinks packages & don't bother with the WiFi as it's terrible A word of note to European cruisers this is a predominately american cruise with all that entails. I would cruise the Caribbean again but maybe on a non-american boat.

Good First Cruise

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by Smiler65

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
Lovely ship for those who like smaller vessels.

Plenty out door space, could always find a sun bed.

I would cruise the Caribbean again but maybe on a non-american boat.
Smiler65’s Full Rating Summary