Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by cruise kitten 58

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

chose this line to compare to azamara.

found the cabin to be bigger and comfortable but no international plugs for our electronics.

service and cleanliness at a very high standard.

the ship itself was very elegant and graceful.

only did a couple of shows and they were entertaining.

the guest speakers were forgettable.

the food.

the standard food was very good sometimes too salty for me but fresh and abundant. lots of great salads.. the sit down Britianna was hit and miss. some very good meals but some below par.

we paid extra for the italian which was spectacular and had amazing wait service.

in comparison paid a huge levy for the steakhouse and was monumentally disappointed. the bisque was great then downhill from there. Much song and dance about the steaks with specially selected steak knives and our appetites wetted for this great experience.

the aged beef was a total let down. My steak was not rare as ordered and my partner could not chew his it was so tough.

added to that spinach sides that were so salty could not be eaten.

I come from a land of great steaks and these were ordinary.

all the hype about them amounted to nothing.

Interestingly the maitre d did not ask or enquire why my partner left most of his steak untouched. Nobody cared. Add a very expensive bottle of wine convert the us dollars and taxes and we were 200 dollars poorer and underwhelmed.

the cocktails were superb but very expensive once converted to aussie.

the drink package was very expensive compared to the azamara where we had anything top shelf and wines for 25 us a day each.

add the average age of 70. I think there were more walking frames than passengers I am not being agist I am quite old myself but this is not a ship for the young.

I am glad a travelled on the elizabeth but I would not do so again.

The staff were diligent but aloof at times and there was an entirely different vibe here compared to other vessels.

cruise kitten 58's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

the cabin and bathroom were well appointed. but disappointed there were no international plugs. they did however loan us one for the trip. our cabin boy noel was very diligent.

cruise kitten 58