3. Celebrity Equinox
In anticipation of our cruise, I read and reread all the reviews I could find on the Equinox. I appreciated the time cruisers took to give a review and want to "Pass it Forward" with our own cruise review. My husband and I flew in one day early to Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed at The Riverside Hotel on Las Olas. Great Hotel. We recommend it. We arrived at the pier probably around 11:30, road up the escalator, got in the line and went through pretty quickly. We had checked in online, submitted photos, had all our documentation in hand and before long, was greeted with a small glass of bubbly. We went directly to our cabin, got our Sea Pass Cards, stored our bags and went to grab a bit in the Ocean View Café (Buffet). We had our first fun beverage (had the Premium Beverage Package), ate lunch and around 1pm went back to our cabin. We had booked Aqua Cabin 1599 (On the Hump), Deck 11. Upon meeting our cabin steward, Sherwin, I requested a lounger for our balcony. So, we had 1 lounger, 2 chairs, 1 footstool and 1 small table. Our luggage had already arrived so we unpacked before exploring the wonderful Equinox. Sherwin did a great job and was always pleasant. The cabin had plenty of storage (use the storage above the bed) and we really enjoyed the spa shower. Our bed was next to the closet. It was fine there except I found the closet a little hard to get to toward the back. But, we worked with it ! No biggie !! We had brought magnetic hooks to use and found them extremely useful ! We hung our lanyards on them, damp swimming suits, paperwork, etc. Highly recommend them. I also brought my own hair dryer and a cruise approved outlet with usb ports. Used every night to charge phones, etc. We really enjoyed that the majority of cruisers were perhaps 40+. Some younger couples and a few children. We tried Celebrity after mainly cruising RCL (approx. 14 other cruises). We Loved Celebrity !!! Plan on going back. We went to Café Al Bacio every day for coffee drinks (cold, hot, "adult") It's a wonderful place to just relax a bit and people watch. We dined in Blu most nights, tried Tuscan Grille and Murano. I favored Tuscan Grille and hubby favored Murano. All one's perspective. We spent a lot of time in the Solarium and a couple tries at the outside pool area. We were lucky enough to find an empty "clam bed' and tucked away lounger. I brought 2 books and really enjoyed relaxing, kinda dozing and spending time with my hubby ! There were the usual shops, games, etc. on board. We really enjoyed 2 of the shows, Topper and Elysium and a comedian Dan. There was always something going on. You could be busy or take it easy. Your choice. We had a massage one day and loved them. I will say we had a bit of an issue getting time on the heated loungers. People were not very respectful. They overstayed the courteous 30 mins and if you were waiting for a lounger and someone walked in, they would walk in front of you to take one. We tried twice and gave up :( We did the Hop On Hop Off Trolley in Key West (lots of fun), Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel, walked around a bit in Costa Maya and due to high winds, our Stingray Excursion was cancelled in Grand Cayman. The wonderful captain anchored on the other side of the island where transportation was provided to Georgetown. We shopped a little and came back to the ship and relaxed. Can't be upset due to Mother Nature. We had the best time, didn't sweat the small things, enjoyed time together and hope to return to the lovely Equinox another time. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Western Caribbean Dec 14

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by CGBanks

CGBanks’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Equinox price drops

AquaClass
Cabin A2
We enjoyed the Aqua Cabin experience. Loved the spa showerhead and hope it isn't changed when they finish the reburbish. Decent size cabin.
Penthouse Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins