3. Star Princess
I am Platinum with Princess and have cruised with RCI, HAL, Cunard, P&O and Disney totally over 21 cruises so I write this review with experience. Six adults sailed for 15 nights in three balcony staterooms side, by side. We celebrated my dad's 80 bday on xmas day onboard and the staff could not have made it more special. PROS: Food was really good. I had a steak one night in anytime dining that was better than the one I had the night before in Crown Grill! There were about 5 dishes overall I didn't think were cooked well so considering I ate many meals, that's not so bad. Remember, this isn't Crystal Cruises! Our room was immaculate Lots of activities Clean ship. An excellent Captain who made the difficult call to skip Kauai and remain in Honolulu for an extra day - which saved us from a horrific storm that would have seen us unable to dock in Kauai and suffer severe motion sickness. Thank you Captain for being so smart and careful and letting us enjoy beautiful Honolulu for another day. CONS: Now - some people were very unlucky; their room had a leak in it and that would have ruined this cruise for me. Apparently the Neptune Pool had a crack in it. I can't say more, but you will hear about from them on this site I am sure. The shows are pretty poor in comparison to other cruise lines. Don't expect riveting live entertainment The gym is tiny, Yoga was rubbish - don't think the instructor ever did a yoga class and then they charge gratuity on top of the yoga fee. I found several errors on the patter, to the point I called front desk and pointed it out - like listing the times of the dining room incorrectly or saying the "Three Hour Sale will be on from 9am to 1pm" (umm, that's 4 hours and it actually never happened on the day they said it would!) These are all minor things for me. I love having lots of sea days and if you do this cruise you better as you have 9 days at sea. No issue for me but some people might be bored (how you get bored on a cruise is beyond me!)

LOVED THIS CRUISE!

Star Princess Cruise Review by LadyKitty

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Six adults sailed for 15 nights in three balcony staterooms side, by side.

PROS:

LadyKitty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Star Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
At the front, so more rocky, but I LOVE that. Unobstructed but I swear the bridge could see me getting dressed as the mirror reflected to the bridge! AHHHH
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins