3. Costa Luminosa
We chose this as a last minute cruise with a deal we found on Black Friday. You get what you pay for. This was our 4th and worst (by far) cruise. If you are american expect to be treated horrible. I had one bar staff (Roberto Santo) who intentionally served other Italian guests (that came to the bar AFTER me) before serving me. He was so rude! Here are just some of the complaints: *They do not provide pen or paper anywhere (in the room even) *We bought the drink package-many times we would wait in an unorganized line only to have many people cut in front of us just to be told they didn't have the drink we were wanting at this bar and we would have to go to another bar. *If you buy the drink package find a drink menu and take it to your room-the bars don't even have them! *There is no food after 8pm (or if there is it is lunch meat, cheese slices, and fruit) you have to pay for pizza after 8pm-Ice cream costs all the time! *They don't have shuffle board!?!? They do have basketball but only have 3 balls on the ship and don't require them returned so people check them out at the beginning of the cruise and never return them! *They charge to play ping/pong *There is only 1 plug in the whole room to plug stuff in *Their Costa app doesn't work for US citizens *They have the most unfriendly staff around! I have never had someone turn their back on me so much and just walk away. Very unhappy staff! *They don't offer anything but water with your sit-down dinner service (I got up one night and went to the bar then came back with drinks. *Their buffet closes!?!?!? *They won't give you a whole can of soda with a drink package they open it and pour it in a cup then if you go get a drink later you get flat soda from a previously opened can! *Their ice/water machines are horrid--many times you cannot get anything out of them! *We had dirty linen in the drawer under our couch. I took them out hoping for clean ones and they just re-folded and put on the couch. *Their evening shows are boring ---they need more variety than just singing and dancing. The comedian and acrobatic shows were the only good ones. Here is the one positive thing I can say *Their evening shows always started on time *They do have ONE staff member who smiled and worked hard: Juan Zapata

Don't do it!

Costa Luminosa Cruise Review by heavenlyescape

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Classic

Here are just some of the complaints:

*They do not provide pen or paper anywhere (in the room even)

*They charge to play ping/pong

*There is only 1 plug in the whole room to plug stuff in

*Their Costa app doesn't work for US citizens

*Their buffet closes!?!?!?

Here is the one positive thing I can say

*Their evening shows always started on time

*They do have ONE staff member who smiled and worked hard: Juan Zapata
heavenlyescape’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Costa Luminosa price drops

Balcony Classic
Cabin BC
There is only one plug in in the whole room. Dirty linen under the couch never changed.
Avorio Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins