3. Carnival Panorama
First off, the ship is new and definitely nice. I appreciated knowing everything would be somewhat clean and barely used. Rooms were decently sized and our ocean view on the 1st floor had 2 bathroom for just the two of us, which was appreciated. However, some big gripes. They charge extra for a lot. Specialty restaurants, items on the menu every night, internet is a huge rip off, $1.25 per game arcade, and much much more. I was not willing to spend extra for anything and it really felt like 40% of the experience was missed. While I know that isn't true, it just felt that way and that I was missing out on a lot of what the ship had to offer. The cruise ran out of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Peroni, certain basic wines, and much more with 3 days left on the trip... I am not sure how that is possible. Do they not have accurate estimates on how much they need to have on board? The dining experience was lacking. We ate in the dining room where you choose your time. Each night we had a different waiter and they were slow and it took a while every night. The main issue I had with the dining room was that the dinners and desserts always came out luke warm as if they had been sitting for a while. Entrees were warm and ice cream on the desserts was melted every single night of the cruise. The last 2 nights I stopped ordering entrees and desserts and just went to the buffet or pizza afterwards (I had to go to the dining room to be with extended family for dinner). The cruise is packed and every morning people had their beach chairs picked out by 9am. Anything left after 10am was in the wind and cold locations. No one would be sitting in the beach chairs until noon, but there was no enforcements and people just left towels clipped to the chairs.

Be prepared for extra fees and a so-so experience

Carnival Panorama Cruise Review by woodbuck

• Sail Date: December 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

woodbuck’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Panorama price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B
Brand new and two bathrooms. Spacious enough and beds were comfortable.
Lobby Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins