Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review
2,092 Reviews

Nothing like I was sold on.

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by devoncecustomconstruction

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

First of all let's start by saying that I booked a deluxe balcony suit and spend over $18,000 on a 9 day cruise for my family. To start off, the cruise didn't even include transportation from the Miami airport to the dock. That was an additional charge. Once we boarded we couldn't even go on to our private balcony because it was covered in exhaust soot from the boats exhaust. The bed was hard as a rock and the couch had no cushions. once the balcony was washed and we were able to go out on it the next day, but it was nothing but a spectacle of peeling paint and rust. On a daily basis the deck would be covered in falling paint chips. Not to mention the private balcony, was overlooked by the cruise ship dining room. Not very private. Everything on the cruise ship seemed to nickel-and-dime you to death. You can't even get a Coke without buying it. The ice cream machine on the pool deck was constantly broken. They charge for pool towels as they have to be signed in and signed out and if your kids forget to sign them back in you get charged $25. at the excursions desk, nobody there seemed to have gone any the excursions or able to give any details as to what they're actually like. If that's your department you should at least know what you're selling. The casino was stained and smelled of old cigarette and cigar smell. On a plus note, Our dining room staff attendant we're amazing. And our room attendant was also equally is amazing. For the most part, I would give the staff a 5-star rating, and the boat a one-star.

I later found out the boat was due to go into dry dock in the next few weeks and get a huge revamp however this was withheld at the time of booking otherwise I would not have booked a trip for my family or paid such a fee for a boat that was in complete disarray and in need of a major overhaul.

A huge disappointment was there Private Island in Haiti, they allow local vendors. At this point they were so abrasive and aggressive, my small children were completely terrified. Also there's very few activities on their private island you can do without an additional cost and ridiculously high fees. Even on the jet ski excursion, they take you to an area where the vendors come up in bombard you with trying to sell local trinkets. I am beyond disappointed with Royal Caribbean's policies. I was not expecting an all-inclusive, but for the amount of money spent I would have expected basic amenities to be included. As for my kids, the kids clubs were of inappropriate age groupings, And lack supervision ... as I witnessed two different fights break out (at one point I had to intervene in order to end the conflict) and no security there to help in the teenage club which included my 12 and 13 year olds alongside 17 year olds. The entertainment for my nine-year-old consisted of one room with a few games in it. the basketball court was a complete chaotic mess as kids were trying to play soccer along other kids trying to play basketball. The ice rink was complete embarrassment and not even worth time. The pools started getting closed up by 9 pm. One evening they even kicked the parents out of the hot tubs by 10. all being said, I highly doubt I will ever return to a Royal Caribbean Cruise line ever again.

devoncecustomconstruction's Full Rating Summary

Grand Suite

the mattress was like a brick, the couch had no cushions. The carpet was stained. Room towels were constantly tattered and head holes. The balcony was always covered and falling paint chips and rust was present everywhere. The wooden railing was peeling.

Labadee

Every activity on their private island was an additional cost. The street vendors terrified my children with are abrasive and overbearing nature

The machines were brand-new and ran great, the downfall was they took you to kayak vendors who intimidate you into purchases

View All undefined undefined Reviews
California Lighthouse

We went on the red party buses and took a tour around the island. It was amazing informative and fun for the family

View All 47 California Lighthouse Reviews