Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by InMyFreeTime

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

Was on the Bliss last year just a few months after her inaugural. I really liked the ship observation lounge and thermal spa so thought I would give it another try. On that first cruise on Bliss I was disappointed by the quality of the food in the garden buffet and the offerings of the lunch menus in Taste, Savor but hoped it was just a matter of giving them time to work thru issues on a new ship. I could not have been more wrong. I found the buffet to be even worse than last year. Also, the only restaurant that could provide a breakfast that was better than room temperature was the Local. Of course I cant speak for the Haven but assume its superior there. The dinner offerings in Manhattan, Taste, and Savor were quite good overall tho I did have to send two items back due to being ridiculously over salted. Overall, I would recommend a new food director and oversight staff since they just are not in my opinion managing obvious issues so responsibility clearly lies with management on board.

I still enjoyed the thermal spa area as I normally do but if you're at all shy be warned. They now secure the change room entry doors fully open at all times even if you ask for them to be closed. No idea why. People are walking into the wrong change rooms with frequency. If the thought of a complete stranger of the opposite sex walking in on you while you're fully disrobed bothers you, it might not be the experience you are looking or paying a premium for. Also, because of the placement of the rooms interior mirrors, you should be aware that people can see inside the change rooms now from the hallway door opening due to the reflection of the mirror opposite the lockers and dressing area.

Ship cleanliness was still excellent as was the steward service and Vibe Club service.

I found the entertainment to be lesser than on other NCL ships I have been on. I would call it average for a one week cruise but anything longer than that Im not sure I could give the same rating

Overall I enjoyed myself but wont return to the Bliss without some indication that they have stopped the decline. Sorry

InMyFreeTime's Full Rating Summary

Studio Stateroom

Really like the solo cabins on the new ships.

InMyFreeTime