3. Carnival Miracle
I chose this ship for a short family vacation and trial run with the kids and my husband at cruising. We took the 3 day Ensenada cruise out of San Diego. The ship is old, the food is not fantastic, there are not a lot of things for kids to do as on the newer ships, and they seem short-staffed. We did manage to make the most our of the experience and make memories. However, I couldn't imagine being on this ship for the Alaska or Hawaii itinerary. We had one of the Vista Suites and the kids had an interior room. Our room was just old and outdated looking, the closet doors didn't slide, the drawers weren't easy to open, and the balcony was pretty dirty. On every cruise I have ever been on, steak and lobster are included in the dinner on formal night, apparently this is not the case anymore. If we wanted that it was a $20 up charge in the main dining room, very disappointing. We also got the Bubbles package. I drink but my husband doesn't drink a lot of alcohol or soda; however, he does drink Propels. Carnival was supposed to switch the Pepsi products in January so I bought the Cheers package. Our cruise was on January 3rd and was the last cruise with Coke products...lucky us. There were no sugar free/low carb drinks offered other than sodas and energy drinks. Our kids (boys) spent most of their time on the basketball court. We tried to play a game of darts in the Red Frog but there was one dart left...kind of makes for a boring game. There were a few "big" football games on during the cruise and the Sports Bar was the only place that had them on. It was packed, stuffy, and only had one bartender! Not sure why they couldn't have turned it on in more places? Service at the main dining room seemed to be slower on this cruise than I had experienced in the past. It didn't matter if there were 11 people at our table or 2. I sat at several bars without even being acknowledged and eventually got up and left. I've never experienced this before either. Needless to say, my husband hated it and will never cruise again. I'm looking forward to booking more cruises in the future with the kids and I doubt I'll be cruising with Carnival.

Ship is old and needs to be retired

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by StacM

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite

StacM’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Vista Suite
Cabin VS
OLD! Drawers were funky and hard to open and close, the closet doors wouldn't open and close smoothly, the A/C was terrible, and our large deck was filthy. The best part about it was the numerous USB ports for charging devices.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins